• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dungeons & Dragons Virtual Table

Solvarn

First Post
Congrats

Congrats to WotC, looks like things turned around some time ago for Insider. It is good to see that the value is increasing, although it hasn't been announced if this is part of Insider or a standalone app.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Maybe they want you to be an optimist again? :p

One can hope so!

Honestly, I'm not displeased by the new CB. I've managed to get it to work (mostly) and I'll be using a character sheet created by it tonight for my D&D game.

However, the handling of it? Oh, my! :(

Cheers!

Aegeri

First Post
I just giggled when I heard about this. I can't wait to see how terrible it is on release given that their current record for online tools (and tools in general over the past few months) has been terrible.

I just can't be optimistic about this at all, because all I will do is set myself up for massive disappointment.

Dice4Hire

First Post
If this works as advertised, it will be awesome. Indeed, the VTT is the one tool that would persuade me to maintain an active DDI subscription.

However, I will believe it when I see it, and maybe not even then.

A good table like that would get me to consider DDI. Not much else would., Nothing so far has. And I have never used a VTT in my life.

Remathilis

Legend
Eh I dunno DB,

http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2128 said:
It is currently loaded with a number of tokens from the Dungeon Master's Kit and tiles from the Dungeon Tiles Master Set: The Dungeon.

That's not a lot of tokens/tiles. I'm not ruling out buying additional tokens/tiles "by the pack" for a nominal fee...

BobTheNob

First Post
I just giggled when I heard about this. I can't wait to see how terrible it is on release given that their current record for online tools (and tools in general over the past few months) has been terrible.

I just can't be optimistic about this at all, because all I will do is set myself up for massive disappointment.
Im trying to remain optimistic. Really I am.... but there is just so much pressure to be pessimistic.

Quality of offering has only got me a little worried. I dont think CB is that bad, it just needs a few weeks to sort out the issues.

Its what they do with the pricing that has me concerned. To have said "undecided on pricing structure" is very ominous, when they could have outright said "included in your subscription".

Wizards have so far they have taken a number of turns which have left many wondering why they subscribe. Material has dried up, support for key requirements (Essentials and Darksun) was not built into the widely used and trusted tool, then we are told "use the new too" which is buggy as.

They have lost alot of consumer confidence, and given the niche nature of the D&D consumer base (come on, admit it, we arent exactly the "mass" of consumers out there) and the competition they have with other "hobbiest" offerings (like MMO's), you would think that right now confidence in the D&D brand name is paramount.

If they do anything other than give this to subscribers (i.e. pricing above the current subscription) or that aweful "micro-transaction" idea (worked for DDO...wont work for this), they are really going to screw up their market.

Remove ads