The Ebon Tide

Alek

First Post
Is it just me, or has the number of active Drow characters risen exponentially in the past week?

Is this a bandwagon effect, or...maybe it is Drow mating season? Perhaps this would account for the large number of scantily clad Drow females that have suddenly sprung up? Should I make a Drow too to join in the ritual Drow baby making? Should I...make a Drow disguise maybe, and attempt to figure out what is going on In-character? Am I just more paranoid then usual?

Also...to the players of said Drow, are yours from Toril, or Oerth? If they are from Toril...then...*why* are they running around the Flan(crt)? (I mean besides the obvious becoming impregnated/doing impregnating of your own, if the Mating Season theory holds true.) Just curious.

Lassrinn

First Post
Well, there is many portals of transit between the planes; if you want to complain about inner plane travel, ive seen a many of players from places like Krynn, Ebberon, Toril, Oreth, Planescape, World of Darkness, and even more custom worlds. I personally dont see a problem with it. And as for the uprising of the number of Drow...perhaps some people are either breaking out old characters from the past becuase they wanted to or even becuase they wished to bring a new flavor to the chat. Either way, as long as you are still enjoying yourself and having the fun you come here for; why try to make people feel bad because of what they want to play? If your not enjoying yourself because of other people then dont worry about it and try to relax. Every player has there own unique way of doing things and even if some of us don't agree with how others do things....we still need to get over it and rise above it. To be rather honest; if you dont like the number of Drow about then perhaps design or bring in a character whos set on chasing them out. Yes, drow are not ment to be liked and should out right be chased out of town. So bring someone in and do something about it. It could very well spur a whole new event of fun for everyone.

Alek

First Post
Lassrinn said:
I personally dont see a problem with it. / Either way, as long as you are still enjoying yourself and having the fun you come here for; why try to make people feel bad because of what they want to play? If your not enjoying yourself because of other people then dont worry about it and try to relax. /....we still need to get over it and rise above it.

I was serious when I said, "just curious".

Last edited:

Alek

First Post
Nilah said:
I believe what my brother Lassy is trying to tell you is "If ya don't like it do something about it!"

I mean jeesh!

No, you don't get it... I like drow. Especially the aforementioned scantily clad ones.

But, I mean, if you really want someone to do something about it IC, then I'll be more then happy to start something.

Last edited:

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Siani's setting restrictions on the Crossroads Tavern and associated areas (Garden, Clearing) completely ban Oerthian drow. So any drow you see there are probably Faerunian, but could be from other realms. The reasons they come can be as varied as the reasons any off-worlder comes to the tavern.

The number of drow around tends to fluctuate wildly, along with the numbers of vampires, vampire-hunters, lycanthropes, disguised demons, shape-changed dragons, displaced royalty, etc. One well-played character can draw others into making similar chars in the hopes of more interaction with the existing ones. Setting restrictions as enforced on EN World have slightly reduced this tendency but not totally.

In other words, no, none of this is unusual, but I think it sounds like a fun idea to put one of your characters in disguise as a drow to try to investigate what's going on. Paranoia is a great storyline hook for RPing. :)

Remove ads