• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Emperor of Solmaria

Mithreander

Explorer
The party continues to the trees, which are just a short trip away. After going through the woods for a few hundred feet, a single elf gracefully lowers himself to the ground infront of them.

The brown, shoulder leanth hair of the elf is tied behind it's promanent ears allowing all of the party to see his green eyes clearly. With his unstrung bow on his back, the longsword at his side, and the light elven chain under his brown tunic, it was odvious that he was armed and ready to face adversity with force, if necessary.

"Greetings. We were wondering tif you would make the river tonight. My name is Alandrinial, and I'm here to offer you a hand if you require one."*Spoken in elven*

With that, the elf bows with the expected grace of an elf and straightens up again.

The group can see signs of others in the trees and on the ground, though only glimpses before they disappear behind trees, branches and leaves.

Majin

First Post
Shadowleaf stares distrustfully as he looks upon another of his kind, but remains silent, awaiting one of the other Elvish speakers in the party to inform them of the Elf's offer.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya answers in elvish, trying to speak the foreign words as good as she can. “Thanks for your offer. The raven, that contacted your people earlier, had been sent by me. Lenya is my name. We barely escaped the guards in the city and made our way through the disgusting sewers. But still, we made it out alive. If you are willing to help us, we might need a few things, especially food for the upcoming journey.”

Meanwhile, Midnight tells the others in common, what the elf and Lenya are saying.

deadestdai

First Post
Dylan hastily offers And your offer of help is also gratefully accepted. Do you perhaps know of a bath or pool to wash in? The bard wrings out his shirt of the cold water it had soaked up.

silentspace

First Post
Mithreander said:
The party continues to the trees, which are just a short trip away. After going through the woods for a few hundred feet, a single elf gracefully lowers himself to the ground infront of them.

The brown, shoulder leanth hair of the elf is tied behind it's promanent ears allowing all of the party to see his green eyes clearly. With his unstrung bow on his back, the longsword at his side, and the light elven chain under his brown tunic, it was odvious that he was armed and ready to face adversity with force, if necessary.

"Greetings. We were wondering tif you would make the river tonight. My name is Alandrinial, and I'm here to offer you a hand if you require one."*Spoken in elven*

With that, the elf bows with the expected grace of an elf and straightens up again.

The group can see signs of others in the trees and on the ground, though only glimpses before they disappear behind trees, branches and leaves.

Kinden extends his hand. "Hello Alandrinial, I am Kinden. Thank you for your hospitality. If we could rest the night with you, that would be helpful."

"The grate looked like it had been freshly repaired, and the presence of the guards lead me to wonder if others have escaped this way also..? We encountered more refugees in the sewers, who will be following in eight hours or so, I hope."

Kinden looks around, hoping to get a better look at the elves. [Does Kinden know anything about elves near the city?]

Mithreander

Explorer
To the other elves in the party, it's odvious that the elf in front of them is a Wilder, or Wood elf. Whty it was directly outside the city was another issue. The closest elven comunity was still some distance away, and that one was of Origin Elves, or High elves. Wilders ussually did not bother to learn any other language but theirs and elvish, for they rarely left their forests, and those that visited their forests were rarely allowed to live long enough to speak, much less teach them their language.

The elf first looks to Lenya and responds to her. *"Yes, well met. We did nto want to reveal ourselves to the city. I'm sure you understand." He then looks towards Kinden and continues, answering his question, "We have not seen anyone escape through the vent that you had used, other then you. If it was new, then it was placed there before our arival. Now, as to you needs, they will be met, including suppies, food, and water to wash in. Please, follow me."

* Spoken in Elvish still.

With that, the elf turned his back to the party and starts to walk away from the river in a ground eating pace.

Last edited:

Remove ads