• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

carborundum

Adventurer
Cool!

He's a 3.5 Genasi and the shields are just what the DMG calls Spined Shields. Not sure why I thought they were called Manticore Shields. They're studded with spikes and three are a bit bigger and can be shot as if they were manticore tail spikes. Oh yeah, that was it! :)

aboyd

Explorer
3 gnome followers - alchemists, prone to explosions

I would love to get sketches of my followers. Pencil and/or black & white is fine, I don't need anything fancy. For free, I wouldn't want to put anyone out.

My character in D&D (Greyhawk, 3.5) just took the leadership feat. My first shot at the followers started with 2 alchemists. Here is the initial description:

I rolled up two gnome NPCs of the "expert" class. I made them brothers -- one is stronger, but the other is more charismatic. The strong one gets the chicks, but the charismatic one has the better contacts. They fill each other's weak points, but get a little jealous of each other too. Sibling rivalry for the win. :]

However, the DM ruled that they had commoner stats, so suddenly their main stat went from 18 to 13. At that level, they couldn't output as many flasks of alchemist's fire as I needed. So I decided the 2 brothers needed a friend, and to explain their less-than-impressive output, I gave them a few personality quirks -- they debate endlessly, and they're a bit unruly (so now & then a little bomb goes off and work is delayed). Here is the new description:

All three are maxed out as the best alchemists they can possibly be. Contrary to previous ramblings, my character will buy them an Alchemist's lab -- with their reduced stats, they need all the bonuses they can get.

1. Sylbar - brother of Ranpel, backup skills as blacksmith, trapsmith, locksmith.
  2. Ranpel - brother of Sylbar, backup skills as diplomat, mover & shaker, singer.
  3. Rumo - friend of Ranpel, backup skills as arcane researcher, magic beta tester, forger.

So basically, an alchemist smithy, alchemist bard, and alchemist research assistant. The brothers have hobbit hair (longer, wavy). Rumo is bald. Rumo & Ranpel get along because Rumo loves singing, and Ranpel just won't stop.

Here are 2 short bits about them. I extracted these from the stories that my DM writes about the games:

after initial rescue said:
Your cohort sat with them in the morning, but other than being appreciative for the breakfast, they are not being overly communicative. That changes when your gnomish stonemason comes looking to have someone help move some rocks around. At that point much shouting, finger pointing, wild gesticulations and excited words (in gnomish) occur between the four of them for about ten minutes. Your cohort just sits by and watches the scene play out. By the time the noise settles down, all parties are smiling and some gnomish flasks are passed around.

...and...

after they come on board said:
Your informant follows you into the great room... where the gnome brothers are busily unpacking alchemical glassware and chuckling over the poor excuse for what humans call glass. They then start an argument over which gnomish clan in the little hills makes the best glass. You try to tune them out while the informant begins to speak.

Once he has delivered the information, he bids you good morning and turns to leave.

One of the gnomes starts the first fight of the day with a left jab to his brothers kidney. It devolves from there.

Splurch

Explorer
If anyone has the time I would like a pic of my Moon Elf Swordmage of house Nightstar.

He is young (around 90) and has white/silver hair, blue eyes, is slightly built and house Nightstar's symbol is a silver 8 point star on blue (house colors are blue, silver, and violet. He uses a longsword and is from Myth Drannor.

Thanks for any help in advance!!

evilgenius8000

First Post
Hello! I've never requested/commissioned art before, but I've just joined a LFR group and I think I'll be playing my character for a while :)

His name is Zan-Bal; he's a stormsoul genasi (4th ed, so purple skin with glowing, lightning-like lines. Oh, and yellow crystals for hair. Here's a female stormsoul for reference) who wears leather armor (preferably just a vest, gauntlets, and boots) and baggy silk pants (like Aladdin's, from the Disney movie of the same name).

He's tall (around 6 feet) and muscular (probably why he only wears a vest), but he's not a massive guy.
He's a swordmage who wields a khopesh and fights with lightning magic.

Sorry if its a little complex; I won't mind if nobody wants to draw it, but I thought i'd throw it out there.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Aikuchi

Transient
stuff

---

carborundum

I'm sorry, I sketched something - but I ended up hating it so I scrapped your Genasi art. I'll be working on a new one. :(

Splurch

I didn't know the name of your character: so its House of Nightstar. To be honest I didn't know how young was young for an elf (human equivalent years?).

evilgenius8000

I could have probably done a better one, but somehow I ended up liking this sketch. Here's Zan-Bal. Hope I didn't mangle the Kopesh too badly.

Actually considering how unfamiliar I am with the Swordmage, I did two! An I know, it would probably be a lot cooler since instructions were given with a colour reference in mind, and it would look better in colour. But my colours suck ... no, they really do.

---

Attachments

• nightstar.jpg
    nightstar.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 237
  • zan_bal.jpg
    zan_bal.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 139

Dragonbait

Explorer
Wow! I'm blown away from all the great work on here. I guess I'll try in the free-for-all

My request:

Dragonborn cleric of Ioun named Donar.

He stands about 6'7" and is youthful (early 20's) and fairly strong (Str 16) but looks like he spends more time in the library studying history texts than out on the marching grounds practicing military maneuvers. He wears plate mail hidden by a white and blue tabard with Ioun's sigil on his chest. He carries a shield and a magical mace. He wears glasses (they have a wide bridge to 'grab' the dragonborn snout.. That's all I could think of for how they would fit) when reading and has several large tomes on him to record his experiences, lessons learned, and lessons taught. He often has a slight smile on his face, counteracting the indimidating draconic visage of his race.

Colors: Pretty much the same yellow-brown that the male dragonborn in the PH has.

I know there are a lot of requests already out there, and I know that dragonborn are not easy to draw (from my own experiences), but I'm puttin that one out there.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

evilgenius8000

First Post
---

carborundum

I'm sorry, I sketched something - but I ended up hating it so I scrapped your Genasi art. I'll be working on a new one. :(

Splurch

I didn't know the name of your character: so its House of Nightstar. To be honest I didn't know how young was young for an elf (human equivalent years?).

evilgenius8000

I could have probably done a better one, but somehow I ended up liking this sketch. Here's Zan-Bal. Hope I didn't mangle the Kopesh too badly.

Actually considering how unfamiliar I am with the Swordmage, I did two! An I know, it would probably be a lot cooler since instructions were given with a colour reference in mind, and it would look better in colour. But my colours suck ... no, they really do.

---

Wow! That's great! Thanks :)

carborundum

Adventurer
---

carborundum

---

Sweet - thanks! The other oens you did look great, so I'm really looking forward to it. Twin shields and anti-gravity hair is bound to be tricky!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads