• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

veinglory

First Post
Brix said:
It seems that at 100px its hard to comprehebd what you see at first. The b/w techique lets it appear like these "old crone / young girl" changing pics.
The idea is good, for both pics. Though I would make it a little bit more fantasy-like / antique, because it looks very modern. I don't know why?!

I am looking forward it. You seem to be a busy man so take your time. :cool:

I will add detail to both, probably white on black -- perhap try for a 'woodcut' sort of look.

Now I have an album cover to do. Theoretically I already have a full time job but when someone actually offers to publish me I can't resist, egotist that I am.

Hopefully this weekend will be better as I have no shifts to work. As this is a fairly extenive project I think we might start a thread for it? It will stop use from crowding people character requests off the page?

Brix

Explorer
veinglory said:
I will add detail to both, probably white on black -- perhap try for a 'woodcut' sort of look.

Now I have an album cover to do. Theoretically I already have a full time job but when someone actually offers to publish me I can't resist, egotist that I am.

Hopefully this weekend will be better as I have no shifts to work. As this is a fairly extenive project I think we might start a thread for it? It will stop use from crowding people character requests off the page?

Yes. If you like we can also use my private forum at www.artandtalk.com
You don't need to register

Chain Lightning

First Post
If anyone out there is having a little difficulty keeping track of all the requests, I put together this list. The list shows what requests were made on what page. The character's name is in italics after the user name. I list if the request was done, being worked on, or whatever between the < and > symbols. Hope this helps! :D

Page One

-Felix: Konstanin
-Tecnowraith: Half-Fiend/Half-Elf <DONE - Chain Lightning >
-Bozidar: Paladin <DONE - Chain Lightning >
-WizWrm: Sanje <DONE - Chain Lightning >
-Smoke&Mirrors: Modern Exalted Werewolf <DONE -Chain Lightning>
-GralTok: Eoin Mackoids
-ThorneMD: 3 characters: Haldir, Araos, Rudic, Araust
-Painfully: Halfling Barbarian Chef
-Phoenix8008: Rrai-kesh (Tigerman)
-Iscariot: Ashimar <DONE - veinglory>
-nute: Durin Trailfinder <DONE - Babette>

Page Two

-Henry: Filirw Cormobel
-Kai Lord: Elijayess Moonshadow <DONE - greatseamonster>
-Lalato: Sanjay Madragupti
-deacon: Saraphim <DONE - Babette>
-KingOfChaos: Zanatose <In Progress -Chain Lightning>
-Gnome Bezerker: Kilon Kegbreaker <DONE - greatseamonster>

Page Three

-rbingham2000: One Eye Tsui
-msisden: 2 characters: Hindel Lightfoot & Doggen Goldblood
-Theolinn Stonearch: Johnny Chow
-Lalato: 2 characters: Darrag <DONE - veinglory> and Gusil

Page Four

-Galethorn: Galethorn Arthallon <DONE - veinglory>
-Rashak Mani: Fek
-Factol Rhys: Arameth
-ghent: Klor <DONE - greatseamonster>
-ASH: Melleana <DONE - Babette>

Page Five

-Akercockren: Sanaki
-ThorneMD: request reminder:Haldir
-Serpenteye: Nurthrak
-Arafang: Arafang The Black "Death" Rose <DONE - Babette>
-Arafang: 2nd request:Callisarieos <DONE - greatseamonster>

-Despaxas: Kakita
-KingOfChaos: 2nd request:Elroumar

Page Six

-Angcuru: Angcuru Meloroira
-kirinke: Aenilaen
-Golem2176: Traxus <DONE - greatseamonster>
-Trainz: Blasphemy

Page Seven

-edge3343: Dwarven follower of Kord <DONE -Chain Lightning>
-TiQuinn: Keleran
-Kannik: 2 characters:Timmoth & Thelil
-Durandal: Borik
-jayaint: N'yana Qunat'ual <DONE - Babette>
-fourthmensch: Rog
-Megatron: Osa
-Creamsteak: Zasorthane <DONE - Babette>

Page Eight

-Shadow Dragoon: Elven Katane Rogue
-Knightfall1972: Story Hour Character
-Emperor Valerian: Lord Lucius Caladron
-Brix: 12 Holy Symbols < some symbols done -veinglory>

Page Nine

-blargney the second: Eodwin
-notjer: Wood Elf Rogue
-Ferret: Naerl
-ThorneMD: Welby , and reminder for Haldir & Rubic
-Arafang: 3rd request / 2 characters :Euthanasia & Exangelos
-Thaniel: 3 characters: Yalewin , Forcke, Frank

P.S. Zanatose is still being worked on. Sorry for taking so long. Sorry for the 3rd or 4th time.... :D heh heh heh. Its just I have so much stuff going on in my life right now. Only find very small pockets of time to work on freebie stuff like this. I think in the future, I'll just have to not take more than 10-15 minutes to draw these things. Hopefully the request posters won't mind too much. They're gonna get real sketchy when I come back!

Last edited:

Lalato

Adventurer
Thanks for creating an updated list Chain Lightning... :)

I'm not sure if I speak for everyone, but I sure as heck don't mind if the art is sketchy at all. A sketch from any of the artists here is better than the stick figures I can barely manage.

This thread gives us, the requesters, a great opportunity to have an artist's sketch of our characters. Once that taste is in your mouth... you may not be able to "wait your turn" for a free sketch again. You may begin to seek out artists and pay for sketches. I know that's what happened to me. Veinglory did a sketch for me. Now I'm paying veinglory to do another sketch of a different character.

WARNING: To those that haven't received a sketch yet... this could be habit forming. :eek:

Chain Lightning

First Post
Smoke&Mirrors wrote:
so I decided to post a charcter I have in the works for a game I'm starting next week. It's a modern day Exalted game, and he is a lunar (or shapeshifter) with the wolf animal totem... pretty much stereotypical werewolf cooolness. Anyhow, I see him normally wearing plain street clothes, not limited just to jeans and tshirt... feel free to do whatever in the clothes department. He's thin with dark black hair that's is kinda spiked on his head, and a trim black goatee. His eyes are brown, and there is a silvery circle of light that shines on his forehead when he casts spells. He doesn't have weapons of any kind. In his werewolf form, he is a hulking tank o' destruction that often causes others to drop their weapons and run... quickly. Other than that the character is open to interpretation. The drawing could be of just the character, or it could also show him in his werewolf form, either way is good.

Okay, Smoke&Mirrors requested this way back in 8-29-2003 according to the date indicated on his post. So, I assume he's been playing this guy for a while now! Or....he's in one of those games that dissolves after 3-4 sessions. :(

Anyways, I'm not sure if he checks back here from time to time or not, but I finally did a sketch of his guy ( some 7 months later! ). Hope he likes it. I drew his human form standing there casting some spell ( I really don't know what his character magic specialty is) and put what his werewolf form looks like in the background....looming behind him in the fog. Now, normally when it comes to "Exalted", the art style associated with it is the pseudo-"Capcom" Japanese style. As much as I love that style, I decided to go a different route. More straight comic book style I guess. Anyways....there it is.

Attachments

• ExaltedWerewolf(sm).jpg
    ExaltedWerewolf(sm).jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 3,154

Chain Lightning

First Post
Hmmm....only 244kb limit to post our artwork up? :( I think some of the detail I'm putting into the Zanatose drawing might be too small to see at that size. Gonna have to figure another way to show KingOfChaos his character maybe....

KingOfChaos

First Post
Chain Lightning: If that doesn't work, you can e-mail me the picture and I can upload it to Realms of Evil and then provide you a link so you can display the picture here. I have unlimited webspace :p

My e-mail address: RoETyrant@aol.com

:)

Last edited:

Ronin_san

First Post
Ferret said:
Any one want to draw a kobold? Naerl!

He has blue robes and is of the scally reptile with tail and tufts of hair family of kobolds. I'd like to see him performing a spell, as he is a sorcerer. If you want/feel up to it you can add in his more apparent dragon nature ( copper or brass dragon) heritige.

I draw this one as I imagine a Kobold Sorcerer....rope you like it.
http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ronin_san/kobold.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads