• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

Scorpionfolke

First Post
Some awesome art, artists!:) I hope I can add to the growing pictures----BTW, if u dont yet have a sketch of your pc, post a link to the actual post & i'll see about drawing one that inspires me---can guarantee the quality of the artists already hear, but i'll see what i can do;)

Tolen Mar

First Post
Scorpionfolke said:
Some awesome art, artists!:) I hope I can add to the growing pictures----BTW, if u dont yet have a sketch of your pc, post a link to the actual post & i'll see about drawing one that inspires me---can guarantee the quality of the artists already hear, but i'll see what i can do;)

Not that I need these anymore (all of the PC's in question have retired or been killed), but I still kinda want to see what the artists here do with them.

http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2243910&postcount=467

Arravis

First Post
This isn't exactly the best thread for this question (though we'll try to help :)), since it deals with requests for artists to create new artwork, not a listing of already produced work.

Anyway, they can be quite difficult to find. I have a pretty large database of imagery at home (I'm at work at the moment) and I have a few in there, but not many. If I have time tonight I'll see if I can dig some up. I don't know of any one site or artist that specializes on it. Good luck.

Last edited:

Mithril Dragon

First Post
laughingbuhda said:
anyone know of any place I can find images of black fantasy characters?

Frazetta did quite a few ... though they tend to mostly be the "savage barbarian" type. I know I have seen others in various D&D publications but I can't remember off-hand exactly where. Its definitely an under-represented subject. Right now I am on a schedule of having to crank out two to three full color illustrations per week plus I have three character requests to fulfill (Gideon has not been forgotten). BUT ... when I catch up I will create a few and put them on my site gallery.

There is really cool black character in the book "Winter Warriors" by David Gemmell. The character is a swordsman named "Nogusta". Maybe try to find a good picture of him?

Hunter

First Post
Rebel Belle- here is a sketch of your elf character!

d20Dazza-Grymsnarl coming up next!

King of Chaos-Sorry about that, many of us here are very swamped. From my perspective I am a little intimidated to take on your requests after I saw that awesome pic Chain did of your Dark Elf demi-god character that you now use as an avatar. I know I should be more focused on requests like yours as you are a prominent publisher!!!!

~Hunter

Attachments

• Elfbowmaiden.jpg
    Elfbowmaiden.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,870

daBooj

First Post
I've been looking through here, and there are some very nice images. I wonder if anyone would have time or be interested in doing one of my characters for me, she's become a favorite and I'm not looking forward to the end of this campaign due to the return of one of the players who will only play in good aligned groups (it's so fun to be evil for a change).

The character is a taurian cross of a drow and a nightmare. She is a female cleric of Lolth, though distrusts the drow as much as they do her. She may be a cleric and a drow, but the magic that bred her with the nightmare gave her great strength (23) and constitution (20). She is also highly dexterous (25), and strangely attractive (cha = 17).

She was given the name Saurn, but killed the man who named her thus. She was filled with a great anger in her youth that bubbled out in a wild and chaotic rage, but has learned through time to channel that anger into a far worse device. The flames that illumine her hair and tail are echoed in her eyes, and it is now a patient anger that she directs toward leading the adventurers she travels with into plots of her design. She has become a stern and cruel leader.

Saurn carries a heavy and deadly looking unholy mace (+3 unholy) and frequently charges from the air upon her foes using the mace and her flaming hooves to great effect. She wears a cloak and only leathers as armor, preferring to retain her dexterity and reflexes before the weight of full armor.

Battle is one of her great joys, an outlet for the rage building inside of her. Setting a battle between two races in order to fall upon the victors delights her to no end. As a follower of Lolth and due to the history she hides from those she knows, she views herself a superior to men. She will refuse orders given by males, conspire against any in power and even plot against those she allies with. Women serving men are looked down upon at least or killed as being to weak to represent women. Women serving Atzanteotl are destroyed on sight.

(don’t know that you needed all of all of that, but… you got it anyhow. Tell me if you need anything else, and THANK YOU very much if you decide to work on this character.)

David E

First Post
KingOfChaos said:
Meh..if none of you guys have started the picture of Vermender, then don't bother. I doubt I ever play the character again, anyway.

I am also gonna cancel my request for Hannible, since no one is interested in doing it. I posted the description last year some time and it never got picked up, so :p

I read your character description and thought it rocked. I'm not nearly as good as the other artists on this thread, but if you're interested - I'd love to work on your character.

Oh yeah, and I read the character description for the drow-golem guy that you made for the Todd Lockwood contest. I'd be interested in doing that too, but now I can't find the description for the life of me. If you want, feel free to email me the description at cougarbait@onebox.com.

Edit: Ah-ha... didn't see that Chain had already done that one. Looks sweet!

Last edited:

rebel_belle

First Post
Thanks

Hunter said:
Rebel Belle- here is a sketch of your elf character!

d20Dazza-Grymsnarl coming up next!

King of Chaos-Sorry about that, many of us here are very swamped. From my perspective I am a little intimidated to take on your requests after I saw that awesome pic Chain did of your Dark Elf demi-god character that you now use as an avatar. I know I should be more focused on requests like yours as you are a prominent publisher!!!!

~Hunter

Thank you so much the portrait is beautiful :) :lol:

Remove ads