• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The End d20

Alaska Roberts

First Post
Hi,
Just picked this up at Shorecon over last weekend, and I have to say I am really impressed with this game. I was really skeptical about this setting at first, but after reading the story in chapter one I was completly hooked.

Does anyone out there know of any The End sites?

Alaska Roberts

First Post
Well, judging from the response I've received I'm guessing that either no one out there is playing... has heard of it... or just doesn't enjoy it like I do.

If anyone does hear of any good The End sites, stories, plots or anything else, drop me an email at AlaskaRoberts@aol.com

Thanks

Alaska

Mr Fidgit

First Post
if you do post a review in the review section, also put a post (linking the review) in the main RPG Discussion forum to let people know it's there.

reading the synopsis on the Tyranny site, i'm not sure The End is something i'd be into. but that doesn't mean other people on the site wouldn't be, and they may not have heard of it either

digitaldark

First Post
I have it..... I bought it when it first came out...it is a very very good game... and well written (the ficition is simple amazing)...haven't really gotten a chance to play it though..and haven't really seen any sites for it (other than the official one)...

Tsyr

Explorer
I'm with dd... Great looking game, great fiction, but havn't had a chance to play it (Nor, honestly, do I forsee getting to play it any time soon, given my players).

manjiman

First Post
I bought the game when it finally came out in Perth, Australia. I was the only person who ordered the game after seeing an announcement about it on the web somewhere. My FLGS laughed at me when I tried describing it. But you get that. I've managed to find a group of people who are keen to play in it (basically my normal group minus a couple), however fitting it into my gaming schedule with games of Fantasy Flights "Nocturnum d20" Call of Cthulhu coming up, a home game of FR and a fortnightly game of 3e set in my own world really making it hard to fit things in.. 7 days a week just isn't enough when you're working full-time. ;)

anyway, just replying and letting you know that I concur, The End, while at first looks a little too "weird" or "religious" is perhaps the best post-apocolyptic setting I've read in a long time, albeit one that conforms to a lot of the stereotypes of Post-Apocolyptic settings. The fiction, as already pointed out, in the form of a journal at the beginning of the book, is delightfully evocative of the setting. The mechanics look interesting and the take on d20 is a part of the charm.

Grab it and have a look, it's well written, the combat system looks nice and the book itself? well.. I've never had so much fun carrying a book that looks like a faux-leather bible...
;)

cheers

Jason King

JTyranny

First Post
Thanks for all the kind words!

The End main site is www.tyrannygames.com. There is also an The End yahoogroup and a message board.

http://members5.boardhost.com/The_End/index.html?1004723071.

There is a free adventure download and some other support goodies in the Web Stuff section.

There is also a fan site: http://wayson.net/games/theend/index.html

Keep an eye out for our The End products-

Exodus- RPGNOW download Adventure (Available Next Week)
Boston Massacre Guidebook (Available Now)
Good Intentions (Free download on TYG website)
The Dogs of War (Available Late November)

We love these great reviews from all of you. Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads