• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The end of the boards is nigh!

Apocalyptic Kitty

First Post
We don't live in a preferred time! Our current cosmological epoch has no central place in time. The here and now is but a brief phase in a sweep of time and change almost unfathomable to the human mind.

The sun will expand into a red ball and die, overwhelming Earth with the heat. Oceans will boil and evaporate, and other planets near the sun also will burn, leaving nothing but orbiting chunks of barren rock.

Be warned. It has already begun!

UnDfind

First Post
Okay! I get it, all right? I'll spray the damn potpourri-in-a-can next time I'm in the bathroom! You don't have to get all melodramatic about it!

Geez, the nerve of some people! I had burritos for lunch, is that a crime?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Time is an illusion, it began a million years ago, it began yesterday, it will be now tomorrow, it will be past in the future, it has already passed you but it is still flowing towards you, you are inside yet you are an outsider to it, the end already happened but still the beginning is waiting to commence, the now is past now, deal with it.

s/LaSH

First Post
Bah. Matter as we know it is doomed - in a mere few pentillion years, every nucleon's quarks will have stopped orbiting and collapsed into a micro-black hole and then nothing could ever really happen again. Barren chunks of rock? They're positively exciting compared to the eternal vastness of aeons that await the atomically-impaired denizens of the far future as the Universe dies a long, long, slow heat death.

Sure, we're all doomed. But at least we won't be that mind-numbingly bored.

Nuclear apocalypse is for the best, you'll see. You'll all see.

Remove ads