• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[The End of the World of Darkness] What's White Wolf got up its sleeve?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I think that something like Vampire D20 would be most interesting from a game mechanical side of view. I personally think that it could be done, but it would have to radically different from D&D. I think that the concept of levels would really mess up the Vampire feel...

Planesdragon

First Post
Cergorach said:
I think that something like Vampire D20 would be most interesting from a game mechanical side of view. I personally think that it could be done, but it would have to radically different from D&D. I think that the concept of levels would really mess up the Vampire feel...

Not really. You just couldn't gain levels through experience.

Vampire already has quite a "level-based" system: generation.

jester47

First Post
I doubt its Vampire d20, and I doubt that it is the storyteller system SRD'd and OGL'd. I don't think there are a lot of people chomping at the bit to do that the way D&Ders were. Then again I could be giving the WW fans more loyalty than they deserve.

I think its gonna be a "THIS IS BIG" announcement and most everyone is going to go "Oh, thats all? Whatever..."

RIP Storyteller... you have been staked by rule 0 and the OGL.

Aaron.

Mercule

Adventurer
Hmm... Couldn't care less about Planescape. Dark Sun, done in house by WWGS? Now, _that_ I'd buy.

Honestly, though, I don't think that an update of a 2E setting qualifies as "big news". I think we're looking at a new Storyteller game, a conversion of Vampire/WoD (or Exalted?) to d20, a release of a "Gehenna" book, or something of that calibre.

Hey, maybe they got the liscence for Greyhawk. It's not like it could do worse than the RPGA (man, that is such a sad statement).

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I admit I'm curious :) Though the last time they got all mysterious like this, it was for Trinity (Or Aeon, or whatever they wound up having to call it - I still have my original undefiled rulebook :) ).

Hungry Tiger

First Post
WayneLigon said:
I admit I'm curious :) Though the last time they got all mysterious like this, it was for Trinity (Or Aeon, or whatever they wound up having to call it - I still have my original undefiled rulebook :) ).

Other way around. It was Aeon, but had to be changed because MTV thought it would be confused with the Aeon Flux cartoon, despite being entirely different.

Tortoise

First Post
I think everyone here has missed the obvious clues in the early posts:

"Will end world hunger and foster world peace"

Obviously the game is Cinder: The Ashes, a game of playing the lonely, smoldering, lifeless, rocky remains of a scorched, dead earth after God brings down his final fiery wrath wiping the world clean of all life.

Nothing alive to suffer starvation or start wars. See, easy to figure if you just read the clues!

:p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads