The Enemy Within: Shadows Over Bögenhafen

tiornys

Explorer
Lorena quietly crosses to the desk and studies the papers, trying to decide if they look important. She also examines the desk for drawers or compartments that might hide something of note.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The drawers are locked. The paperwork is mercantile inventories, ledgers covering the purchase and sale of a range of trade goods, mostly wine and timber. The paperwork, and the pen-holder, both bear the emblem of the letter "S" stamped on a barrel, the mark of the Steinhägen family, and some of the documents are signed by, or on behalf of, Franz Steinhägen.

Attachments

• Steinhager Seal.jpg
    Steinhager Seal.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 184

tiornys

Explorer
Locked drawers? Could be something interesting there....

Keeping her ears open for any signs of someone approaching one of the doors, Lorena sets to work unlocking the desk.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Lorena finds some more ledgers with much the same information and, tucked beneath them, a bronze medallion and several sheets of writing paper all marked with the emblem of a horned face within a pentagram, and the words "Ordo Septinarius" encircling it. One of the sheets bears writing (see attached).

She hears voices from the door to the outside, getting closer.

Attachments

• Handout 5.jpg
    Handout 5.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 307

tiornys

Explorer
Lorena snatches the medallion and the sheet with writing, hastily tries to put everything back the way it was, closes the desk but doesn't bother locking it (unless doing so is really easy), and quickly retreats from the room, closing the panel almost all the way, ready to latch it shut at the slightest sign of entry into the room.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The door to the outside opens. Lorena just has time to ascertain that two men have entered before she draws the secret door to. She can hear voices on the other side, muffled by the wood panelling.

tiornys

Explorer
Lorena quickly slips down the stairs and motions the others back into the cellar. She slips a small obstruction into the cellar's secret door so it doesn't close all the way, and then closes it too. Turning to the others, she whispers hurriedly.

*I was able to retrieve a couple of items before I was disturbed. I don't think they heard me, but if they examine their desk they may notice the absence of these.* She holds up the medallion and the sheet of paper. *Linger here for a few, or move on quickly?*

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'd say we wait. These may condemn one man, that whos table you checked. If they come through this passage we know they know about the temple. Then we can put a stop on this. I'm not sure local magistrate will be eager to tackle with powerful groups."

FourMonos

First Post
Garold whispers, "We may look a bit like we attacked a nobles house. No one knows there was a temple here, but us. The problem is, we don't know if the local magistrates or their leaders are members of the cult."

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"In this case we have to make sure none of the cultists survive to report... or were you suggesting to leave chaos cultists to their dark doings?" Gorim asks the human grimly.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 12 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 37 / 37 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Insanity: 1
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1