• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The ENnies are coming! The ENnies are coming!

howandwhy99

Adventurer
No. Since diaglo is no longer a judge and doesn't want them on 8" floppies, the judges were able to move into the 21st century.

Clay tablets are the one true data-transfer medium; all subsequent media are pale imitations.
8" Floppy? Are those even real?

EDIT: Apparently so...
[sblock]
floppy_2.jpg
[/sblock]

(BTW: I believe Diaglo has an 8* floppy to give you over at CM)

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
I'm really disappointed that I won't be MCing the ENnies in August; I'm DMing officiating a family wedding down in Cancun instead, and the travel for that is extensive. I'm trusting these guys to find someone funnier than I am to run the show this year. Meanwhile, I have an entire year for my puns to get funny again.

Oh man, am I going to need it.

Maybe we can get Billy Crystal since he's not doing the Oscars anymore.

P

PaulofCthulhu

Clay tablets are the one true data-transfer medium; all subsequent media are pale imitations.

As an archaeologist. I may have to agree with you there. We can still read Babylonian tablets from 5,000 years ago, but 8" floppies are already proving a challenge as I found out this very morning.

reveal

Adventurer
As an archaeologist. I may have to agree with you there. We can still read Babylonian tablets from 5,000 years ago, but 8" floppies are already proving a challenge as I found out this very morning.
So apparently the PDF vs. Printed Material argument goes back further than I imagined!

While I haven't counted or anything it feels like there are fewer physical entries this year then last. Electronic entries we have already a gig more then last year and I haven't copied everything over yet.

The last time I counted there were 240 total entries. About 30 of those were websites, and 15 are podcasts. The rest are retail products, but I couldn't tell you how many are physical vs electronic.

That's not counting the stuff from the last couple days. Probably bringing us up to 250 or 260.

When I judged in 2007 I think the total was 223. That was hard enough to narrow down to 5 nominations. This year is going to give me fits :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads