• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Epic Elminster......

Hey Guys! Just wanted to drop a thread on ya.
I havent got the chance to get a copy of the ELH yet :mad: but maybe you all can help me out here......I need the exact decription of Elminster thats found in the ELH. I need ALL of the details thats found in the ELH's desription about him. I need ALL of the details (class levels, equipment, feats, etc).
Thanks a bunch! :D

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Firstly I think it's a copyright infringement.

And secondly, what would you do with this information since you don't have the book and therefore do not have the description of the epic spells and feats?

Conclusion; it would be illegal and useless.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
Um, besides it being copyrighted material, and a whole bunch of text I don't want type (even if I were so inclined), would good would it do you if you don't have the ELH?

I mean, I could tell you El has the Epic Such and Such feat, but if you don't have the book, what good does it do you?

Good point about the copyright topic! Even though I dont have the ELH, I this want to know whats his "basic" description
(class levels and stats). Thanks a bunch!

LordAO

First Post
His stats are almost exactly the same anyway. They just cut and pasted mostly. They even forgot to change his time stop immunity to temporal stasis despite that having been erratad.

Oni

First Post
LordAO said:
His stats are almost exactly the same anyway. They just cut and pasted mostly. They even forgot to change his time stop immunity to temporal stasis despite that having been erratad.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I decided that if for whatever ungodly reason I decided to use Elminster, and he somehow became involved in combat, and timestop came up then I would have that erroneous immunity function like this. If anyone other than Elminster cast or uses time stop within such and such a distance of him, it simply ceases to function and is dispelled.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
::thunderstruck stare::
That's brilliant!

As of right now, I'll rule-0 a change to that Chosen Of Mystra ability. Instead of a particular level's spell immunity, the character can instead take Spell Stowaway for a spell of that level, as long as he can cast it. This makes Elminster "immune" to any Time Stop cast nearby-- or rather, it does what the designers appeared to intend, when giving him that immunity.

I should've thought of that as soon as I read the Spell Stowaway feat.

Cyraneth

First Post
Xeriar's idea is brilliant, indeed, but I'm not sure about making it possible for Chosen to choose Spell Stowaway instead of an immunity. Spell Stowaway (heal), for one, is terribly effective. But anyway, by substituting El's time stop immunity with the Spell Stowaway the "time stop-immunity" problem would be solved.

Then again, some DMs prefer to rule that time stops never happen simultaneously or have exactly the same duration... *sighs*

- Cyraneth

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads