• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (OOC)

Rubberneck

First Post
I haven't decided on a race or even on a class. I'm not sure how magic use is viewed in this setting. But I was thinking he grew up on the streets, someone offered financial help and as soon as he accepted it, they had his claws in him and there was no going back. Now they make money of him in the fights. I'm just trying to think how meeting up with the rest of the PCs would work. A job for the family that owns my character, so they send me with? Somehow I earn my freedom?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Because this is an open sandbox, you won't necessarily ever meet up with other PCs. It all depends on where you choose to go and what adventures come your way. If, for example, Ngoya decides to go out on a scouting mission for Lattimer, she may be gone for months without meeting another PC, or she may find a way to recruit others to join her mission, others who may or may not be other PCs, depending on who signs up for the mission.

Rubberneck

First Post
Hmm that's an interesting twist. Not like traditional RPGs I'm used to. I'll give my character some thought and let you know what I come up with.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I finally finished Din Din, my changeling warlock. Due to computer issues (which have not been fixed, but purchasing a keyboard for my tablet makes typing a lot easier) it took longer than I expected.

My post in the Rogues Gallery is now up-to-date; if there are any things in there that don't fit according to you, please let me know Kiraya! :)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION], I kept meaning to mention the first thing and only just now realized the second thing...

1. Jace the Mind Sculptor pic - very nice. :D

2. Zoolander? Really? I didn't catch the reference until just now (watching a youtube Top 10 video) because I absolutely despise, loathe, and detest Ben Stiller and Will Ferrell and so have not seen that movie.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION], I kept meaning to mention the first thing and only just now realized the second thing...

1. Jace the Mind Sculptor pic - very nice. :D

2. Zoolander? Really? I didn't catch the reference until just now (watching a youtube Top 10 video) because I absolutely despise, loathe, and detest Ben Stiller and Will Ferrell and so have not seen that movie.

[MENTION=6694849]Kyra[/MENTION]ya!

Finally!!! I've been dying for someone to get the reference ;-) I came across a video on youtube about the top 10 evil characters in movies a few weeks ago (perhaps the same one you saw), and thought it would make a cool, tongue-in-cheek character name ;-)

Thanks for the kudos regarding the pic. I took me forever to find it!

Bonus points for if anyone gets the Steve Gorak reference ;-)
Cheers,

SG

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
If you haven't already, consider joining the Everything D&D Ever group where there are details on the setting and other fun bits of info. Beware, though, spoilers aplenty. :D

The timeline has been updated and is now caught up with where I am on my reading list (I am slowly reading through everything ever published for D&D except magazines and the like). Lots a spoilers and future history as far as Blackmoor is concerned, but it may still be of interest to you. :D

Guang

Explorer
I've been looking for something just like this. Happy to have found you. Would the free download at WotC be enough to make a character, or will I need the PHB?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads