• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Fall of Plaguestone OOC [CLOSED]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Here is the response we have. That's 7 players, so I think we will cap it at that.

@Campbell - Varen, Human champion
@Kaodi - Silvi, gnome cleric
@Charwoman Gene - Human Fighter
@Ringtail
@gargoyleking - a wizard
@FitzTheRuke - Rory Coldburn, Human fighter
@Charlotte of Oz - Halfling monk

As for an evil character, we all seem to be mature gamers, so as long as it doesn't become party disruptive, we can give it a try.

Since we're all new to the system, I'd like to sort of have this be a "shared responsibility" system where if there's a rule issue, we can all contribute in making the call. Obviously as GM, it will ultimately be my decision, but if someone sees/remembers something from the new rules that I don't recall, feel free to call it out.

In addition, feel free to evaluate each other's characters if you see something they might have made a mistake about. More eyes on things are better.

And I'm fairly flexible on early character creation. If there's something you want to change about your character abilities (not race/class) that you selected and wish to change, if it's something you haven't used yet, I don't mind if it just gets changed. No game impact. But if you've used it, you'll have to use the retraining rules.

Any other questions? I'll get a Rogues Gallery up for you to put up your characters.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I hear there's an Errata out already with some fairly major changes in places. (Wizards supposedly aren't supposed to get a lv 1 class feat?) I haven't found the full document yet, but if we do, how do we want to handle it?

Edit: Apparently, it's coming but hasn't been officially published yet. Here's the few notes I found on a post about it.

• Humans are supposed to have one more language (Common + Bonus + INT).
  • Your proficiency in simple weapons is also what your proficiency in unarmed should be, including the wizard. Monk is an exception as they are better at unarmed.
  • Ki spells cue off Wisdom for the monk.
  • Sorcerer is missing a 17th level Resolve class feature, just the same as the wizard's (includes master will save, critical success, etc.).
  • Wizards don't get a 1st level class feat by default. This was a mistake. They only get one for being a universalist.
  • The adventurer's pack is only 1 bulk.
  • Heroic Recovery takes you to 0 hit points, not 1.

Last edited:

CharlotteOz

Explorer
I don't have much in the way of background for Lavina; I can write up a little flavor text, but "she's a halfling and she trained to kick the snot out of people bare-handed as a secret halfling warrior" kind of sums it up.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Meh, I know I wouldn't mind having 2 tanky types around to keep me alive. `;~}

Besides, Dedrick can definitely pull off the party face position.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Meh, I know I wouldn't mind having 2 tanky types around to keep me alive. `;~}

Besides, Dedrick can definitely pull off the party face position.

You mean you would not mind having 3 tanky types around. =)

I'm hurt. I will have Varen's stats posted up tomorrow. Varen also is well vested in social skills, barring Deception of course.

I changed Varen's background to Warrior. I hope it's alright.

Remove ads