• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The fastest rogue in the west, build ideas?

Remathilis

Legend
Heya,

I'm playing in a new 3.5 game and am getting a chance to revisit an old PC character (this screenname's namesake). Back in the day, he was an elf thief with stealth and trap removal. His NWPs were geared toward physical stunts (jump, tumble).

Now, I'm looking for a way to make him a speedy, very blink-and-you-miss-him style of character, but I need to keep some of his original traits. So, I'm looking for feats/PrCs/skills/ etc that will make him super agile and quick, but also filling his role as scout and trapfinder. (Both equally important).

The game is 3.5, and the DM is new to 3e. As such, he's not quick to allow 3rd party stuff. However, I might be able to talk him into one or two non-wotc things (esp good stuff without alot a changes to make.) Now, gimme those suggestions.

(I'll add more info as needed, btw)

If you're going for actual speed, I'm not sure what to tell you, except to get boots of springing.

Other than that, I'd probably go with something along the lines of Shadowdancer, with high ranks in Bluff, and Improved Feint as a feat.

AR

Norfleet

First Post
Well, if it's speed you want, there's a monk level and a barbarian level to consider, for a touch of both monk and barbarian speed, and an SD level for HIPS, so you can move about like greased lightning AND spontaneously disappear.

Remathilis

Legend
To further clarify, I'll give you want I have so far...

Elf Rogue, CG
S: 13, D: 19, C: 13, I: 15, W: 12, Ch: 14
Skills: Search, Disable Device, Open Lock, Move Silently, Hide, Jump, Tumble, Balance, Bluff, Spot/Listen (only 2 ranks in latter).
Feats: Imp Init.
Wpn of Choice: Short Sword or Rapier, Short bow

My ideas so far have been feats that rely on dex and speed, such as run, dash (S&S), wpn finesse dodge->Sprink Atk, etc.
Haven't found a PrC so far, both shadowdancer and Thief-Acrobat were considered, but they weaken his trap-finding abilties (necessary to the character).

Any other things that might help (I can't justify to my DM levels of either barbarian or monk, so they are unfortunately out of the question. Any other PrCs that add to speed/quickness?)

Shadeus

First Post
You might consider Quicker than the Eye. It sounds right up your alley. Also Flick of the Wrist might be good too. As for trapfinding, just keep those skills maxed. Just check with your DM to get 3.0 feats into a 3.5 game.

Remove ads