• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General The Fate of Bargle

Is Bargle Guilty, or Not Guilty?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
The picture in question is from the AD&D version, "Karameikos: Kingdom of Adventure", which was published in 1994. A bit early for Voyager itself, but maybe not for publicity photos?

HA! Further proof that Aleena was an AD&D cleric that used feign death to frame the good and noble Bargle.

#ALEENASDEATHWASANINSIDEJOB
#JUSTICE4BARGLE!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It was an act of defense of the entire Barony, as well as self-defense.

Aleena the Cleric was about to summon a number of demons to overthrow the Court of Baron Ludwig von Hendriks. Bargle accidentally saw her enter the supposedly "abandoned caves". Curious what a religious leader was going to do in such a place, he followed. But once he realized what she was doing, he confronted her. She gave no indication of stopping. The Patriarch can visit the scene of the crime heroism and see the outlines of an incomplete summoning circle on the ground.

Bargle is a hero who saved countless lives. Bargle did kill her though.
This is outright slander of the good and noble Aleena, and I will not stand for it! I was with Huxley when he returned the slain Aleena back to Threshold and was one of those sent to bring the Baron Halaran back from his mission to Specularum that by Chardastes blessing Aleena could be restored to life.
Despite the mad rantings of the Bard Snarf, Bargle is guilty of many many crimes - both of his own design and in league with the accursed Black Eagle! Not least of which is the murder by magic missile of the cleric Aleena Halaran, now Marshal and Griffon of the Church.
I say call her to attest to this crime, I will stand with her, but mark my words if there is any further slander or accusation against her I will not hesitate to strike you down!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Looks like about 85% of ENWorld readers actually can agree on something.

Admittedly, it's just one thing, and a very simple and obvious thing at that...but I'll take it.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Looks like about 85% of ENWorld readers actually can agree on something.

Admittedly, it's just one thing, and a very simple and obvious thing at that...but I'll take it.

Another way of looking at that is that you have convinced 10 out of the 12 jurors that Bargle is guilty.

Which is another way of saying .... FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The court would like to thank the jury for its service, and Bargle would like to thank the jury for allowing him to go back out and pursue the real killer, who is likely currently hiding on a golf course somewhere in Mystara.

Final score:

Bargle: 1

The Great Aleena / Aperol Conspiracy: 0.

Game. Set. JUSTICE. :)

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
The PCs in my Get Bargle game last night got to within just 2 rooms away from confronting him before pulling back. They're tasked with capturing him to take him back to Threshold for the murder of Aleena. I intend to use some of the arguments here as something he'll tell them to sow doubt that he's actually guilty, so thanks for that! It might make for a fun social interaction.

It may not matter to them though. They hate his guts already after losing 8 characters to this dungeon.

cimbrog

Explorer
Please refer to items #2 and #3 in the first post.

In item #2 Bargle is seen to have a long, white flowing beard.

However in item #3 the culprit clearly has a somewhat shorter black beard.

Why we are trusting the spell-addled mind of a simple fighter over visual evidence is a mystery to me. He is clearly innocent.

Remove ads