• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Fetid Wedding!

Busy day for Out of the Abyss news! There have been a few previews this week (foreword; underdark outposts; Zuggtmoy), a hand-sculpted model of Zuggtmoy, and now an art piece called The Fetid Wedding, also featuring Zuggtmoy. I suspect next week will be a new demon. "Once aware of Araumycos, Zuggtmoy seeks to control the massive fungus. She makes a show of “wooing” the massive fungus with a grotesque courtship that she plans to culminate with a repulsive mockery of a wedding—really a ritual of demonic domination. During the ceremony, Zuggtmoy will be attended by her “bridesmaids” and fungal thralls. Talk about a Bridezilla. Art by Craig J Spearing."

Busy day for Out of the Abyss news! There have been a few previews this week (foreword; underdark outposts; Zuggtmoy), a hand-sculpted model of Zuggtmoy, and now an art piece called The Fetid Wedding, also featuring Zuggtmoy. I suspect next week will be a new demon. "Once aware of Araumycos, Zuggtmoy seeks to control the massive fungus. She makes a show of “wooing” the massive fungus with a grotesque courtship that she plans to culminate with a repulsive mockery of a wedding—really a ritual of demonic domination. During the ceremony, Zuggtmoy will be attended by her “bridesmaids” and fungal thralls. Talk about a Bridezilla. Art by Craig J Spearing."

11891403_10153484804826071_6303480840744301092_o.jpg

With Juiblex crashing the wedding, I wonder if we'll hear some people say that high level NPCs are doing all the PCs' work for them. #forgottenrealmsproblems

well that depends... if it is a 'cut scene' then yes... if elmunchkin the Mary sue of the realms shows up... yea... if drizt jumps in and yells "Run. I'll hold them" then you betcha...

but if it is written like the PC are the stars and can meaningfully interact without any super npcs... no

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
well that depends... if it is a 'cut scene' then yes... if elmunchkin the Mary sue of the realms shows up... yea... if drizt jumps in and yells "Run. I'll hold them" then you betcha...

but if it is written like the PC are the stars and can meaningfully interact without any super npcs... no

What if the PCs meaningfully interect with Juiblex and Zuggtmoy, or some of their servants, even if it is Juiblex that gets to crash the wedding?

What if the PCs meaningfully interect with Juiblex and Zuggtmoy, or some of their servants, even if it is Juiblex that gets to crash the wedding?

it depends on a lot of things... if I interact with any NPC that goes off to do the main action while I do secondary... I will complain. SO if your idea is that I fight some demons, then two demons fight in a show piece battle that I don't effect at all... I will complain...

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
it depends on a lot of things... if I interact with any NPC that goes off to do the main action while I do secondary... I will complain. SO if your idea is that I fight some demons, then two demons fight in a show piece battle that I don't effect at all... I will complain...

I'm thinking it might very well be a possibility. Zuggtmoy and Juiblex are high level NPCs who will fight each other, not the PCs. Demogorgon is on the cover, he seems like the high level BBEG. Seems like the PCs at "lower" levels will be playing a part in the background of the wedding, but not the wedding itself. I'm thinking this might be a theme in this AP. Lots of Demon Lords will present and busy. You can't have them all as end game bosses.

Laeknir

First Post
I'm curious why in the Underdark they'd have anything like a wedding, even a perverted wedding. Why bother? The drow don't have weddings, AFAIK, or any other Underdark creature. This just seems ridiculous. But then, I guess it is inspired by Alice in Wonderland.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads