D&D 5E The Fighter Extra Feat Fallacy

Pauln6

Hero
I think giving most fighters SD but limiting their use was interesting as martial adept would then let them branch out into battlemaster. The limitation is that it would be unfair to then give battlemasters anything that stepped on the other subclass's special uses for SDs.

I rather liked the playtest fighting styles. It might have been cool to package up 3 manoeuvres into styles that battlemasters could take and then as an option when they get to higher levels add in a list of superior manoeuvres costing 2SD that you can choose if you qualify for that style.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Add to action surge:

Heroic surge- when you use your action surge out of combat, you can do something truly heroic. Use your geroic surge on any STR, DEx, or CON ability check to apply double your ability modifier to the check. This would affect max weight lifted it distance jumped as well. Alternatively, you can use your heroic surge to grant your ability modifier to all STR, DEX, or CON checks made by your party as a group check. Finally, you can use your heroic surge to add your STR, DEX, or CON on any CHA ability check where your prowess at fighting would be an advantage.

Needs wordsmithing, but as a simple bolt on to the existing fighter it hits all my needs.

Edited because I thought of a tighter mechanism.

Remove ads