The Fist of Tiamat

Boarstorm

First Post
Hey all.

Here's a little somethin' I whipped up. It's still in the early draft stage, so please feel free to tear it a new one.

Contents: A high level NPC villain, new monster, a new magic item, new ritual, new paragon path, adventure hooks and more! :) Much of this information is a conversion from information found in the Draconomicon and Races of the Dragon.

A few notes:
1) I need art. *whines pitifully* If anyone wants to allow me access to images that fit the theme of the piece, I'd be very appreciative.
2) The pdf creator tossed in an extra blank page in there. Ignore it, for the moment, if you will.
3) I really miss QuarkXPress. Trying to format something like this in Word is a real pain in the butt.

To-Do List:
1) Bulk up the background section.
2) More grafts
3) Appropriate feats

Anyway, I hope you all like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9yv54o7mwgm

Also, if anyone knows a better file hosting site than mediafire, please let me know.

Last edited:

dragon_eater

First Post
Nice stuff. My first 4e Campaign will be starting sometime soon and the bad guys are a cult of Tiamat called the Chromatic Fist. The Fist of Tiamat would make a good future bad guy after the players have dealt with the cult.

EDIT: I especially like the Draconic Grafts. Maybe allow the characters to upgrade their grafts to the next level, like bringing Resilient Scales from a +3 to a +4 with an additional fee and another use of the ritual. It keeps the feel of the grafts being permanent but allows them to be useful at higher levels.

Last edited:

Boarstorm

First Post
EDIT: I especially like the Draconic Grafts. Maybe allow the characters to upgrade their grafts to the next level, like bringing Resilient Scales from a +3 to a +4 with an additional fee and another use of the ritual. It keeps the feel of the grafts being permanent but allows them to be useful at higher levels.

Y'know, I actually intended to mention the ability to do just that, but it must have slipped my mind. Added to the to-do list. :)

And thanks for the kind words.

dragon_eater

First Post
The Talon of Tiamat daily power Awful Presence is too weak as written. I suspect you planned to have it do damage too, currently it just stuns. I recommend putting it in line with the Blood Mage daily Destructive Salutation.

Wizbane

First Post
Nooo! It's cool.

Look at the Illithid Empire Campaign among EN Wiki settings. It's custom and shared, the Tiamat "part" of the setting needs stuff like this, if you want to contribute.

Remove ads