• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Five Famous People you Would Most Like to Play an RPG With

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I chose the following people on this list because I think I could get an insane campaign going if they each also contributed as a rotating.

Players/ Rotating GMs
1. Jon Favraeu
2. Ben Stiller
3. Kevin Smith
4. Quentin Tarentino
5. Joss Whedon

Vespucci

First Post
The problem with famous people is that their groups are probably quite a lot like everyone else's - if you're not on the wavelength, it's just not as fun. It might seem like going along to play with Stephen Colbert, mc chris, etc, would be awesome, but you'd probably be sitting there smiling at a lot of the jokes, sure that they're funny ('cause, y'know, it's these guys!) but not actually getting it.

That said, I wouldn't mind playing in one of M.A.R. Barker's games.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Assuming they actually play D&D: (I couldn't limit to 5, so I went with 7)

1. Paul Giamatti (the Brains)
2. David Tennant (the Laughs)
3. John Barrowman (for Charisma and an "alternative" viewpoint);)
4/5. The Howard Brothers (Ron and Clint Howard - the "meat" of the group - solid, dependable, creative, and fun)
6. Sharon Osborne (a charasmatic yet mediating personality)
7. Joan Jett (the darkside without being "out there")

B-)

Jimlock

Adventurer
DM: David Lynch
(ok... I don't even want to imagine... what the :):):):) will happen...!!!)
05DavidLynch_162102b.jpg

Player1: Queen Elisabeth
I imagine Lynch forcing her into roleplaying some intimate scene like the ones in "Mulholland Drive"...
queen-may-13-2.jpg

Player2: Iggy pop
For hitting ON Queen Elisabeth... and for personifying Dexterity...
iggy-pop-4.jpg

Player3: Bob Sapp
For hitting Queen Elisabeth... and for playing the tank...
bob-sapp-2.jpg

Player4: Steven Seagal
Because every decent party needs a bard...
seagal-crystal-cave.jpg

Last edited:

Ahnehnois

First Post
Ron Moore
Christopher Nolan
Peter Jackson
J.J. Abrams
Hugh Laurie

That would be the most creative intelligence ever in one room...

rkwoodard

First Post
1 thru 5

1. Stan Lee. I think he would be great and fun to hang out with. I have only seen him with positive energy.

2. Johnny Depp. For the reasons above (and my wife would love it).

3. Jennifer Garner.

4. Ben Afflack. cause he would probably show up with Jennifer G.

5. J.J. Abrams as DM

Last edited:

rkwoodard

First Post
wow

Ron Moore
Christopher Nolan
Peter Jackson
J.J. Abrams
Hugh Laurie

That would be the most creative intelligence ever in one room...

Do you think that many "in charge" types would be able to get anything done during a session?

But I am going to yoink JJ Abrams as the DM in my group.

RK

Ahnehnois

First Post
Do you think that many "in charge" types would be able to get anything done during a session?
Yes. All are excellent collaborators, which is why I'd want them at my game.

For example, RDM was not in charge of day-to-day ops at most of his shows, and on BSG, he was partnered with David Eick. JJ Abrams produces a lot of things he doesn't direct, as do Nolan and Jackson. Listen to interviews with any of them and they're used to taking creative input from other people. They're not megalomaniacs.

I don't look at player/DM as being dichotomous; I try to blur the lines as much as I can. Ergo, a game with a bunch of alpha dogs would be great.

P.S. Forgot Guillermo Del Toro. CoC instead of D&D this week, anyone?
And David Simon. Did the OP say 5?

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I thought it would be fun if everyone listed the five famous people they would most like to play a tabletop RPG with, and why.

1. Clint Eastwood. I love his storytelling and pacing as a director, so he could be a good GM. And if he was playing, it would be extremely fun to react to his grizzled, gruff vigilante.
2. Terry Gilliam. I imagine he'd bring some great creativity to either his character or his setting. Although he could turn out to be a troublesome player by straying too far from the vision and feel of the GM's game.
3. David Bowie. Because I've never seen him live and he won't go on tour! Come on Bowie, throw me a bone!
4. Gary Oldman. As an actor who can really transform himself into any role, he'd be an ideal player.
5. John Goodman. He'd make a comedic game hilarious and a dramatic game powerful.

And Joss Whedon for DM (Though the game will end up being canceled....)

He'd start the campaign with the second scenario of the adventure path, shuffle up the scenarios in the middle, and finish with the last scenario, followed by the first, and a random one from the middle. (Then a year later you'd play three scenarios he never got a chance to run--out of order, of course.)

Remove ads