• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Flesh Gollum and Vampire are up!

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Quick quibble: it's a "golem"...a Flesh Gollum would be an entirely different beast, and likely infringe on a copyright or two. :)

captainspud

First Post
I love the design philosophy on the Flesh Golem-- it's basically designed the same way as an Essentials martial character. It has a basic attack that just does damage, and then several triggers to use that power, each either triggering in an odd way or gaining special riders. So instead of giving him a million attacks, he effectively has stances.

Neat. :)

FadedC

First Post
Interesting to note that the golem's hit points seem a littler higher then normal, but that he will probably lose about half of them to opportunity attacks between primal fear and his rampage power.

Tazawa

Adventurer
Interesting to note that the golem's hit points seem a littler higher then normal, but that he will probably lose about half of them to opportunity attacks between primal fear and his rampage power.

The golem's hit points look right for an level 12 elite brute. What surprised me was that the vampire is a standard monster, not an elite or a solo. Classic encounters with vampires tend to be with an entire party against either a single vampire or one with a few spawn.

Maybe they figured fighting a vampire party might be cool. (I hope it's still a template.)

One of these days I need to convert Sean K. Reynold's fleshbound vampire template to 4e (if he hasn't done so already).

Remove ads