The Floating City - OOC

Craig_H

First Post
Eleniel

Hi all,

Eleniel: Half-elf Warlock 11 (Doomsayer Paragon Path)

Eleniel was found as an infant by a cleric of Anthares after a particularly brutal orc attack on a small village several days ride from Brodak-Baator. With her parantage and existing fmaily unknown he took the child in and raised her himself. Not even knowing her true name he named her Eleniel after the brightest star in Anthares' star constellation.

As she grew up it seemed to all that Eleniel was blessed by the great gold dragon and she spent many nights staring at and talking to his constellation in the night sky. Soon she began talking to others of what Anthares had said to her and many around her believed that the child spoke truly as a messenger of Anthares. Some even murmured the title of Prophetess when speaking of her (but of course not where she could hear).

However as she grew older those around her could not help but to notice a growing sombreness (verging on darkness) in the formerly cheerful if somewhat serious child. Many have interpretted this change of disposition as being symbolic of Anthares own anger at what had been done to the elven people.

In recent years she has begun speaking of the imminent fall of the orcish empire and the coming of a reborn Jade Empire. The resistance movement has taken up her words as prophecy and have made Eleniel an important figurehead within the movement to inspire others. But many have noted that as she has grown in power the darkness within her continues to grow. But most take heart that if she can help bring about the fall of the orcs then perhaps the risk is worth it. And besides, she is only a half-elf. She may live longer than a human, but not that much longer. The darkness could be watched and endured for the greater good of elven kind...

Eleniel is an extremely well known figure within the resistance and few are unaffected by the power of her personality. She is an extremely accomplished public speaker and emmisary for the resistance. While all are moved by her words, none fail to notice the simmering darkness within her (if only subconsciously) and it perhaps keeps many from speaking against her.

Well that's my idea so far. Martin feel free to let me know what needs to change to better suit the campaign and the setting.

Her character sheet is up on iplay4e.

Joannah

First Post
Helloooo!

I'm finally here and looking forward to gaming with you all again!

My character idea is Taryn Bol - female halfling rogue. Shadow Assassin paragon path

Taryn grew up in a small farming village to the north-east of Brodak-Baator. Her family was a quiet, hardworking halfling family that had taken the unusual step of settling down. Her parents had been travellers, but after many years of moving around they had found a place they wanted to call home. They had set up a small crop growing farm which supplied the surrounding village, and in times of plenty allowed them to trade with merchants in Brodak-Baator.

It was one such year of plenty that saw a 17 year old Taryn tasked with taking a cart of grain in to town. She was pleased she had managed to get a good price for her grain, and was almost at the end of her two day journey home when she saw smoke in the distance. On reaching her family farm she discovered that all the silos had been ransacked, and her home was in flames. Attempts to find her family only ended with tragedy. Through the flames that were too strong to allow her passage she could see her entire family tied up with their throats cut in the middle of the house.

She later discovered that a group of orcs had come to the town demanding all the food from all the farms in the area to feed their garrison. Her family was the first approached and when they refused, putting up a fight, they were gathered up and murdered as an example to the others in the village.

Since that day Taryn has done all she can to fight and destroy the orcs in any way possible to avenge her famiily. Although not strong, Taryn made the most of her size and skills spending several years becoming an expert in stealth and silent assassination. She is also not afraid of using some dirty tricks to get results. She has worked with some resistance fighters, but mainly worked alone as she often found others to be a hindrance to her stealth. More recently however, she has realised that she can't do it all on her own and has been looking for a group of like-minded adventurers to help her in her quest to destroy the orcs.

Taryn has dark hair and green eyes, and has a burn scar on her left forearm, which she is unafraid of people seeing as it is evidence of the cruelty of the orcs. She is generally quiet, but when it comes to orcs she can find it hard to control her rage and can become brash and overzealous.

-------

There's Taryn. let me know if there's anything you need to help her fit in with the setting and the scenario. I'll upload her character sheet to iPlay. It's almost finished, but I haven't given her any special items yet.

mkill

Adventurer
[MENTION=17941]craig[/MENTION], Jo: Thanks! Good work.

I'll put the starting post up tomorrow, expect a new thread in the in-character section (I'll link it here and on facebook). Below some more info on the current situation.

The bard recounts...

Half a year has passed since our heroes last took the scene. Winter has fallen over the Jade Empire, but few have the leisure to enjoy the scenery.

After open conflict broke out in the last year, small pockets of resistance have formed across the land, but the rebels lack the ressources, the logistics, and the leadership to form a united army. They have seen victories and defeat, but it does not appear as if the orc stranglehold over the country is waning yet. The resistance has tried to form a ring around the capital, and the orcs seem to answer with efforts to build new fortifications.

The struggle has also attracted orc warbands and mercenaries from the Storm Plains, who are rumored to form a new force in the South. In the North, barbarian tribes from the tundra have used the opportunity to make smaller raids into the Empire, and the humans are encroaching from the West. Even the Avtok have tried to make inroads.

Last edited:

Soal

First Post
Obsidian Zephymane, male Fire Genasi, Swordmage, born in Shemma in the caliphate of Torik (NE Al'Mathka). He studied the Desert Wind and Child of Shadow paths, and was granted the tiltle of Guardian by the Vice-Caliph of Torik, requiring him to patrol the borders of the Calipahte, watching and reporting. He rides a black salamander, Soal, and wields twin scimitars.

mkill

Adventurer
A picture of castle Stormoak...

The river is frozen right now, and there is snow on the roofs. The trees have no leaves. In other words, winter.

Craig_H

First Post
Internet problems...

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay from Jo and I but we're having some ISP issues at the moment... Let's not talk about phone customer service and international outsourcing of labour right now. Sadly things which should take 20 seconds are taking more like 20 mins (or so). We'll try get on ASAP to keep things moving along (I'm at work at the moment). Fingers crossed our issues are resolved soon.

mkill

Adventurer
Let's hope the gods of telecommunication will have mercy with you and the situation is fixed soon. Not sure if sacrificing a chicken can help.

If anyone wants to bridge the time while Craig's network connection is fixed, here is a cool thread:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/archive-threads/22566-q-gary-gygax-part-i.html

Lord Gygax himself once came to this forum and answered questions! He sounds like a Cool Old Dude you'd like to have a beer with.

Last edited:

Craig_H

First Post
And now we have no internet at all. We should be having a new ISP account set up at the moment but this could take 2-4 days...

Craig_H

First Post
Well suffice to say that our internet issues continue but the connection has improved enough that we can at least log in from home now. We should be able to participate regularly now. At least until the next issue...

Remove ads