• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Forgotten Forge (Eberron) (---FULL---)

DarkMaster

First Post
I got a copy of the Eberron Campaing Setting a few weeks ago and liked it. In all my years of DMing I rarely used comercial campaign setting usually basing my campaign on my homebrew, but I really liked what I read, I saw a lot of stuff that were partly similar to my homebrew and some completly different.

Anyway I think it's a very interesting setting that fits my style of DMing and would like to give it a try here in a pbp game before introducing my RL players.

I am looking for 4 dedicated players that didn't already play the Eberron adventure path.

28 point buy, 3/4 full starting gold, any core class/feat/spell, any complete X class/feat/spell ( I don't have the complete arcane yet so you might have to help me a bit if you select anything from this book) any races of X, and UA class/race variant.

I am planning on having this game run for quite a while. I never dissapear without explaining why so I expect the same from the player. I understand that not everybody like my style or that people are busy with RL, as a full time working father of 1 boy and soon 2, I completly understand.

For those interested you can check my the other two Pbp game I am running Road to Vrux and Vengeance in Mornonas and you will see that I am quite dedicated to them.

So anyone interested

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
I have never tried any Eberron games, but would like to if you don't mind taking on a newbie.

I would like to try a Goliath from the Races of Stone, if you think it would fit in the setting, if not, then I can work on something else as well..:)

DarkMaster

First Post
What class are you looking for. This adventure will start at first level and the Goliath has a +1 ecl so I will have to create a special 0th level class for such a character based on the class you want to play.

Verbatim

Explorer
I see him as being sent down from the mountains to try to learn from those in the city, trying to see if they can be trusted for trading with now that the Wars are over.

He would also be sent to learn their fighting styles and see if any were useful enough to teach to his people, so I would keep him as a Fighter to keep it simple. I was thinking we could use the 0 lvl rule from the DMG to scale it back until he reached his full 1st level.

DarkMaster

First Post
What about 8 hp +con bonus he would gain 2hp when reaching first level fighter
+0BAB would get it by reaching first
+1 fort save others at +0 he would gain another +1 fort at first.
1 feat and would gain the other at first
all skill point as a fighter 1, nothing when he reaches first
simple and martial weapon profiencies and light, medium armor, gaining heavy at first.

What do you think.

fuzzy

First Post
I'm also a newbie to Eberron, but I'd like to play. I'm thinking thinking of playing a human ex-cyrian swashbuckler. (CW)
I somehow see a goliath being a problem in an eberron adventure path game because it assumes the PCs have already hooked up, and the goliath would probably cause trouble in the social aspects.

Verbatim

Explorer
DarkMaster: I think it looks great to me, however, I didn't know that you all started off as a group in the adventure. If I need to switch it around to fit a theme I will, as I don't want to throw a cog in the machine right off of the bat.

I could just as easily make another char to make things easier...maybe a whisper gnome "tailor*" or something like that.

As Garek of DS Nine was just as simple tailor, so would be my gnome..:)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Wow. This sounds cool. DarkMaster is an awesome DM. And Verbatim is one of the most compelling players on this board.

I don't own Eberon, though, & I'm admittedly in too many games. So have fun! This one promises to be good.

Verbatim

Explorer
DarkMaster, if you do not mind, I will just make a Whisper gnome rogue with a possible multiclass in his future. However, I will use the Profession (Tailor) and Craft (Leatherworking) as his reasons for being in the city, and since whisper gnomes carry a negative "stigma", he will try to pass himself off as one of his "normal" kin as much as possible.

Do you think that could fit in better than the goliath?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hey DarkMaster... as you are currently playing in my game (and hopefully having fun), so would I love to play in your game if you'll have me.

How about a human ranger - dragonmarked member of House Tharashk? Bounty Hunter type. Thanx much!

Remove ads