• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Forgotten Forge

G

Guest 11456

Zanick Marcela : Male Human Diviner 1

Once the sunrod is activated, Zane attempts to figure out what is happening. Nicadema, perched on his shoulder mocks her master's movements. "What we looking at?" The wizard turns to the bird. "Shush Nikadema."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
OOC: As the beetle swarm moves into my space, I get an AoO. So I get two attacks this round (one from the AoO which technically occurs before the beetles attack me, and then my attack as part of the surprise round.)

Pohl sees the black carpet of chittering beetles advance on him and Tai, and as it approaches, he looks quickly at both his warhammer and his torch to decide which one would work better in this situation. Remembering the words said previously of needing fire... he decides to go with the torch.

'TAKE THIS YOU LITTLE MAGGOTS!'

As the beetles get in range and start moving up his legs, he waves and slams his torch right in their midst. ((AoO - torch +4 / 1d3 damage)).

As they start biting him all over, he yells in angry pain, and swings his torch through them once more. ((Attack - torch +4 / 1d3 damage)).

He then watches as Tai's vial of alchemist's fire launches through the air, and he prays that it lands and breaks open in the mass of bugs. He realizes that if he continues to get engulfed by these beetles, he might not be long for this world.

Verbatim

Explorer
As the swarm marched by him and towards the large human, Sareth felt his a shiver run through his spine at the sight of so many insects in one place. While he was not a squimish gnome at heart, this was not what he had expected to see down here.

~What exactly did you think you would see? Dust and cobwebs?~

Looking around the rubble at his sides, Sareth searched for heavy stones, at least for him, that he could throw into the mass to try to seperate it some or perhaps slow it down at least.

DarkMaster

First Post
Pohl now covered with insects from the waist down, tries to burn as much as possible insects. (roll 17, dmg 2) Using the torch he removes most of the insects covering his lower body. But they still keeps on charging.

Tai grabs the flask from her backpack and throws it in the direction of the insects. But she throws it a bit too strongly (roll 10) and the flask go explode 5 feets behind the swarm, burning only a very few insects (dmg 1). The fire continues to burn on the ground burning a few imprudent beetles.

OOC No attack of opportunity as they are already in your square.

Round 2

Swarm 20
Pohl 14+1
Sarath 11+3
Zane 12+2
Tai 6

The beetles continue their relentless assault of Pohl (dmg 2). Slowly their bites are weakening the strong warrior who doesn't know how to stop them.

(Pohl Fortitude 11+2) The odor and the mild poison from the bites do not affects Pohl.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
OOC: You're completely right, DarkMaster... I forgot that a flat-footed character doesn't get to make an AoO, and since the beetles attacked first at Init 20 I wa still technically flat-footed. Eek!

Pohl can feel the creepy-crawlies all over him, and it starts to freak him out a bit.

'GET 'EM OFF!!! GET 'EM OFF!!! C'MON! THROW THE FIRE!!! BURN THEM! BURN THEM! THEY'RE BITING ME! BY THE GODS, THEY'RE EATING ME ALIVE!'

He waves the torch over them all once more, trying to burn as many of the little buggers as he can. ((Attack - torch +4 / 1d3 damage))

'FIRE!!! MORE FIRE!!! ANYTHING!!! ANYTHING!!!'

Delemental

First Post
Tai will cast cure light wounds (converting her command spell), then step up and touch Pohl to keep him on his feet while he tries to crush the beetles.

Verbatim

Explorer
As the bugs continued their assault on the human, Sareth scanned the area frantically looking for anything that he could use to help the man out.

~In a room full of rubble and I am searching for something intact...~

[sblock]Did Sareth find any rocks to throw at the swarm?[/sblock]

DarkMaster

First Post
Pohl continues to swing his torch in all direction hopping to destroy as much as he can insects. (roll 13+4;dmg 3) Again he succesfully burns a lot of them but can't stop their ferocious attack.

Sarath picks a large piece on the ground nearby and throws it aiming at the middle of the swarm. (roll 19+3) the large rock falls right on cruching a very few insects under it's weight (not enough to do damage).

Zane picks up a bottle of Alchemist fire and throws it in the swarm at safe distance from Pohl. (roll 13+2) But the swarm of insect reacts instinctively and moves away from the fire. The bottle explode where a few fraction of seconds away the center of the swarm was, but now it's almost ineffective. (1dmg)

The fire lited by Tai is slowly dying (1dmg). Tai prepares herself to cast her spell but realise that she will have to step up in the in the swarm if she is to use her healing magic on Pohl.

OOC You can change your action if you want.

Delemental

First Post
DarkMaster said:
The fire lited by Tai is slowly dying (1dmg). Tai prepares herself to cast her spell but realise that she will have to step up in the in the swarm if she is to use her healing magic on Pohl.

OOC You can change your action if you want.

Nah - I may get eaten, but Pohl's about to become Beetle Chow.

Tai dashes in, trying her best to step high so her feet are in contact with the ground as little as possible as she wades into the swarm. She grabs Pohl by the arm, sending healing into him, and pulling at the same time. "Run!" she cries, "back up into the tunnel!"

DarkMaster

First Post
Tai moves closer to Pohl inside the swarm of insects. She casts her healing magic as the insects starts their climb on her body. (Swarm don't make AoO so Pohl is healed of 5+1 hp).

Round 3.
Swarm 20
Pohl 14+1
Sarath 11+3
Zane 12+2
Tai 6

The swarm is now all over Pohl and Tai who struggle the best they can to prevent the insects from eating them alive. (dmg Pohl 2, Tai 4; Fortitude Pohl 11+2;Tai 15+3)

They both are unnafected by the insect's mild poison.

Remove ads