• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Forgotten Realms books I'd like to see.

Now that WotC have brought us the great FRCS, given us treatment on magic (MaoF), monsters (MooF), villains (LoD), deities (F&P), and soon the first geographical region as well as the rumoured races book, I've been considering what I'd like to see in the future. This is what came to my mind:

Lords of Light: This has been widely discussed. I still think a book that describes all the major good and neutral organisations would be just as useful as LoD - after all, the player characters need allies too.

Faiths and Pantheons II: More detailed deity descriptions, more info on the daily lives and dogmas of the Churches of Faerûn and more deity-specific PrCs. Keep it coming!

Swords of Faerûn: A martial Magic of Faerûn so to speak. It should include LoD style write-ups of all the major mercenary companies and other martial organisations. It could also include more details about organisations such as the Iron Throne (featured in LoD) or the Knights of Myth Drannor. Lots of new combat-oriented prestige classes - heavily flavoured towards the Realms should dot this product along with more exotic weaponry and armor - magical and mundane as well as more regional combat-related feats.
Details about the war technology of the different regions, combat strategies, popular fighting styles, rules and regulations about weapons and armor etc. is also something I would very much like to see. Stats on the general soldiers of these armies would be a great addition as well.

The Lands Beyond: A mammoth tome giving detailed descriptions (FRCS size) of all the areas beyond Faerûn including Kara-Tur, Zakhara and Maztica. I always wanted a complete globe to play with and would absolutely love this product. One problem would be of course - that a the Kara-Tur section would have to reference the OA a lot (I wouldn't like to see any reprints here). If anyone's interested in Kara-Tur, they already own the OA anyway.
I realise this would be a massive book if you want to include as many PrCs, items and monsters of the other continents as possible - but I'd certainly love the book for it!

This is what sprung to my mind initially. Any comments? What would you like to see for FR?

-Zarrock

Black Omega

First Post
Zarrock said:
with and would absolutely love this product. One problem would be of course - that a the Kara-Tur section would have to reference the OA a lot (I wouldn't like to see any reprints here). If anyone's interested in Kara-Tur, they already own the OA anyway.
I'm not sure how much the Kara-tur section would have to reference OA, since the official Asian themed world is Rokugan. Kara-tur has been more or less forgotten aside from a paragraph here or there.

I'd not mind the Martial book, I do wonder at times how differenent regions must wage war. The novels are a bad example of that.

laiyna

First Post
Undermountain 1

Yeah, that classic dungeon below Waterdeep. I would love to have that dungeon in a Hardcover with some desent maps. All the monsters translated and for the GM its perfect if all would be in one book.

Lai

Aaron L

Hero
I'd love the war book. Could be very useful for things outside the Realms too. And as for Kara-Tur, unless they made it standard classes instead of oriental classes, then they most definatly would have to reference OA, or reprint stuff. Rokugan being the official OA settting doesn't mean Kara-Tur isn't an oriental setting any more.

rounser

First Post
If we're talking returning to the well...

Return to the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
(Mini-setting featuring Irongard, Whisper's Crypt, Caverns of the Claw, Hidden House, Crypt of Shadows, Rivior's Keep, Warrior's Crypt, Eveningstar and the Haunted Halls themselves.)

Tales of Skullport
(Campaign module composed of adventures in and around Skullport and throughout Undermountain and the underdark, designed specifically to take PCs of the underdark races from their ECL starting points all the way to high level.)

Privateers of the Fallen Stars
(A piratical campaign module, expanding on the themes touched upon in Pirates of the Fallen Stars and expanded into adventures involving politics and trade, as well as the usual skullduggery, raids, lost islands and treasure hunts.)

Last edited:

Xarlen

First Post
rounser said:

Tales of Skullport
(Campaign module composed of adventures in and around Skullport and throughout Undermountain and the underdark, designed specifically to take PCs of the underdark races from their ECL starting points all the way to high level.)

Privateers of the Fallen Stars
(A piratical campaign module, expanding on the themes touched upon in Pirates of the Fallen Stars and expanded into adventures involving politics and trade, as well as the usual skullduggery, raids, lost islands and treasure hunts.)

I Love Skullport. I love monster races, and Skullport is an interesting place. I have the 2e suppliment. I would definetly toss some cash out for that. The Privateer book would be good.

As would the martial Magic of Faerun book, but I don't know how useful I'd find that. Lords of Light... Eh, I got enough organizations. :)

I would Definetly like a more indepth thing on the Dogmas and workings of Faerunian deities. I have a priest of Lliara (Tymora, in this world) and basicly, I'm running off of Tymora. But I'd like to know a Lot about the faith, what they do, and heck, some Tymorian faith based spells (Like those in Magic of Faerun and the FRCS book).

How about a book on the High Forest and the regions surrounding? And more info about Portals (Where they're at, adventures that could be had, etc).

Yuan-Ti

First Post
I am excited about seeing the Silver Marches. If it is as well done as the FRCS, it will be excellent and set the tone for future "close-up" guides for settings. Sword Coast, Amn, etc., etc.

Psion

Adventurer
Re: Re: The Forgotten Realms books I'd like to see.

Black Omega said:

I'm not sure how much the Kara-tur section would have to reference OA, since the official Asian themed world is Rokugan.

What does that have to do with anything? Kara-tur would still logically use OA, and OA has a bunch of material that has nothing to do with Rokugan. Rokugan is not the "official" asian themed world, but an EXAMPLE one, as stated in the OA.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: The Forgotten Realms books I'd like to see.

Psion said:
...Rokugan is not the "official" asian themed world, but an EXAMPLE one, as stated in the OA.

Actually, it's the default Oriental Adventures setting, similiar to Oerth in the Player's Handbook.

That being said, I'd be all over a Lands Beyond type of sourcebook. I'm really not interested in Rokugan as an OA setting - I'm looking to update Zakhara and Kara-Tur to my 3rd edition campaign, but just too lazy to do it myself...;)

Last edited:

toberane

First Post
rounser said:
Return to the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
(Mini-setting featuring Irongard, Whisper's Crypt, Caverns of the Claw, Hidden House, Crypt of Shadows, Rivior's Keep, Warrior's Crypt, Eveningstar and the Haunted Halls themselves.)

Tales of Skullport

Return to the Haunted Halls? Oh, heck yeah. In fack, I remember hearing that they were tossing this idea around a while back. Don't know if they ever decided for or against it, though.

The Skullport one would be cool, either as a mega-module like Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil or as a series of shorter, independent adventures that could be dropped into currently existing campaigns.

Remove ads