The Four Lands - The Colony

Nightbreeze

First Post
ack...bad thing. I was intentionally avoiding to buy expensive magic items, in order to have a small fortune to invest. But then, I am saved by the fact that I spent 9500 (non converted) golden coins in clothes, tools and books, right? :D.

J. Alexander

First Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nightbreeze
The intent was to allow you to buy some decent magic items as well as have some left over funds.....but i dont think we can justify your character saving 9500 in gold to buy tools etc when he does not know that he will need them....kinda stretching it a bit...but being the sweet understanding dm that i you guys all know and loath...draw up you list of items you want and give me a cost basis and i will let you have them....to a degree

J. Alexander

First Post
Starting Coinage

ATTENTION ALL YOU MONEY LOVING PLAYERS
Louis has pointed out several prior posts and I freely admit to having lost my train of thought in regards to the coinage conversion after the start of the game......so looking back and reading them I have come up with the following solutions

You may convert your remaing gold pieces to silver at an exchange rate of 25 to 1....thus 10 gold pieces converts to 250 silver pieces or 1000 gold converts to 25,000 silver...this is a tremendious amount of money for your characters so use it wisely..

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC:

Much as I hate to bring it up, how are we to have 5000 gold to pay for the part of a Patent not covered by the loan if we have to convert all of our gold to silver? Not that this is an issue for Pandak - he's going to have to find a way to borrow the entire sum as I took you at your word that we should spend all of our initial money, and he's got only about 200 gold left anyway.

J. Alexander

First Post
Money

The amount in the draft was for 2500 GOLD............so a huge some of silver.

Okay i got confused when i was rushing to post...so after some reaseach and players comments I have the following solution in regards to the Patents.

The Patents Cost 100,000 silver coins..of which you must make a downpayment of 10,000 silver coins.

The intention was for you to spend you money on magic and the remaing gold you would covert would equal a huge sum or silver for this world.......

Dracomeander

First Post
OOC: I know I had some money left after buying the mundane equipment, but not much. I will have to take time to finish the calculations. Thanks for the clarification.

Leif

Adventurer
J. Alexander said:
Leif - based on the magic items purchased i would think he would have anywhere bewteen 5000 to 15000 fold he could convert.
Okay, I'll look back over the magic item inventory and make sure i didn't gyp myself out of any goodies. If I did, then that will be deducted from the approximately 10000 gp that you estimated that I have remaining, and whatever's left will be transformed into silver. Does that sound reasonable?

Remove ads