• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Colony

Lou

Explorer
Alton Kanri, Human Cloistered Cleric/Battle Sorcerer of the Light

Alton
[sblock]An appointment with the Major is easily secured and his question is answered. "Right now we are in the fog so to speak we know nothing of the place...if it is simply the D;shai then we will use standard tatics to deal with them..they tend to be easily managed with heavy horse as long as they dont have any dam elephants. As for the colonist we will only fight them from prepared defensive postions...[/sblock]

[sblock=for JA only]
"Thank you, Major. If elephants are encountered, I'm sure there are several of us who will aid you in removing them." Alton takes his leave of the Major and goes to visit Monsignor Xavier Hollander.

"Monsignor, have you been informed of our change in plans? We are arriving early, possibly in the next two days. As the head of the Church of the Light, I wanted you to be well informed."

OOC: Alton is on his best Church behavior with the Monsignor.
[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
The colony

The party settles in to await the developments of the night. The clock passess slowly as each party member waits.first 11pm then midnight..then one am ..with nothing happening....then two am, three am and four am...still as the party grows sleepy.....finally five am..then six am...

With the breaking of dawn the cry of land ho is heard from various corners and the ships explode in excitment. going out onto the quartedeck the party see's a rock cliff spire in the distance...a quick survey of it thru a telescope shows a divided river mouth to either side.

The flaghsip breaks out the signal summon all captains and officers to a meeting..

Nightbreeze

First Post
Before heading out to the meeting, Ederin quickly gathers the scouts. He casts bottle of smoke, bottle of smoke and extended bottle of smoke. Then he tells them to wait for orders. He also instructs the civilians to prepare for landing.

Then he goes off to the meeting.

Scotley

Hero
Alvar

Unable to repress a grin at what the dawn has brought, Alvar dresses for the meeting. He sends out messages to his people to be ready and then goes to the meeting.

J. Alexander

First Post
A flutter of excited activity is seen thruout the fleet with land so close. Small cutters and barges are going towards the flagship carrying a varity of well dressed individuals. Arriving at the the flaghsip most are ushered into a large room where a buffet has been prepared. Party members however are ushered into the Admiral's wardroom. "Gentlemen, the time is almost upon us for the council to hold sway. I suggest we use this meeting as the start of the trasfer of authority over the colonist from the fleet to the council. Perhaps a joint statment or something/"

Scotley

Hero
Alvar

"Yes, I'm sure our sudden arrival will occasion much speculation. I think a statement to focus our people on the tasks at had would be in order. Best to appear unified and have a plan."

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ederin nods in agreement. For the occasion, he wears elegant, yet practical clothes in green and black shades, with a feathered hat.

He then says "If you are ok with this, I would be willing to be your speaker, but shouldn't we actually gather the civilian council, at least to know each other and agree on a common generic plan? Yes, I know we all know its lines, but we should avoid any misunderstanding"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Alvar

"Wise words Ederin. We should clarify things before anyone goes ashore. I would think our first priority would be to identify threats and pick a good spot for our initial settlement."

J. Alexander

First Post
The admiral says "Then it is agreed then..you will make a statment in the next hour or so"..as to the location I belive there was a good one mapped out already roughly a day and a half sail up the river:

Remove ads