• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Full Pregenerated Character Repository

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Originally posted by Plaguescarred1:

This is my character in the same campaign as Rhenny, which rolled 4d6 in order (Str, Dex etc..) to create;

Halfling_F%2015.jpg

Mily
1st-level Halfling Rogue
Small Female Humanoid

Armor Class 16 (leather armor)
Hit Points 7 (1d8)
Speed 30 ft.
Sense Normal
Str 10 (+0) Dex 20 (+5) Con 09 (-1)
Int 13 (+1) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 13 (+1)
Alignment neutral good
Languages halfling, common, thieves' cant
Trait
Background Charlatant [False Identity]
Charlatant Scam: I put on new identities like clothes.
Personality Traits: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what i want.
Ideal: Friendship. Material goods come and go. Bonds of friendship last forever.
Bond: I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those i care about.
Flaw: I hate to admit it and i will hate myself for it, but i will run and preserve my own hide if the going gets tough.
Proficiency (+2)
Tools: Thieve's Tool, Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit
Saving Throws: Dexterity +7, Intelligence +3
Skill Acobatics +7, Deception +3, Perception +2, Persuasion +3, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +9
Lucky
Brave
Halfling Nimbleness
Naturally Stealthy
Expertise
Sneak Attack (1d6)
Actions
Melee Attacks— Short Sword: +7 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature).
Hit: 1d6+5 piercing damage / 1d6 piercing damage
Ranged Attack—Dagger: +7 to hit (range 20/60 ft; one creature).
Hit: 1d4+5 piercing damage
Ranged Attack—Sling: +7 to hit (range 30/120 ft; one creature).
Hit: 1d4+5 piercing damage
Equipment: 2 shortsword, sling, 20 bullets, leather armor, a backpack including: a bag of 1,000 ball bearings, 10 feet of string, a bell, 5 candles, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, a hooded lantern, 2 flasks of oil, 5 days rations, a tinderbox, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it, a set of fine cloth, disguise kit, tool of the con of your choice, ten stoppered vials filled with colored liquid, belt pouch containing: a multicolored stone disk, a signet ring of an not-so imaginary duke,15 gp.
Mily [Mill-E] was born in 1469 DR in eastern Amn north of the Tejarn Hills along the shore of lake Esmel in a tiny hidden village not appearing on most maps, where the ancient kingdom of Meiritin founded by halflings in 227 DR used to lay. Mily is a petite innocent looking girl with long curly brown hair, green eyes and a face and hands always covered of dirt. She learned to dual wield short swords with great speed and has astonishing precision with a sling, making her a very dangerous foe in combat when underestimated, even though she doesn't particularly like violence, she values the necessity knowing how to defend herself. But her sharpest weapon remain her silver tongue, being master at fast-talking people with honey words and velvet manners. Mily can easily pass for a human child and often adopt this disguise to go untoticed, taking on the identify of a young noble named Wendy, daughter of a duke, which got her in trouble for it. Mily suffer from attention deficit disorder and get bored quickly if not on the move or entertained as she is a little ball of energy going on all day until she drop of fatigue at night, hence the meaning of her name ''switch'' in halfling. Contrary to many mercenary, she advnture not to amass treasure or fame (thought she is really intrigued by magic) but to seek thrills and excitement. She'll happily pick a wortless multicolored stone disk over a plain looking gemstone worth a thousand more just because it shines, and so Mily is easily distracted (and lurred to) by things flashing. brightly colored or making curious noise! She likes to bypass locks and traps to crack things open or enter forbidden places and just the discovery of a secret passage is enought to fuel her imagination.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by Rhenny:

Myles%20Stormgroom%20Edited%20%282%29.jpg

Here's the first PC I'll play using PHB (Human Variant - Rolled 4d6 in order to Create)

Myles Stormgroom

1st-level Human Tempest Cleric  (Deity: Silvanus, God of Wild Nature)
Armor Class 17 (leather armor + shield)
Hit Points 8 (1d8)
Speed 30 ft.
Passive Perception: 14
Str 13 (+1)  Dex 18 (+4)  Con 10 (0)
Int 13 (+1)  Wis 14 (+2)  Cha 11 (+0)

Alignment Neutral Good
Languages common, Elvish, Orc

Background (custom  Outlander – Raised by Elves)   Feature: Wanderer (Memory for maps, features of geography, layout of terrain and settlements – can find food and fresh water for up to 5 if the land provides for that)

Proficiency (+2) – Athletics (Str), Religion (Int), Medicine (Int), Survival (Wis), Perception (Wis)
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma

FEAT:  Defensive Duelist – As a reaction, when a creature within 5’ hits me, I can add my proficiency bonus to my AC (+2) to try to block the damage.

ACTIONS
Short Sword +6 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature).  Hit: 1d6+4 piercing damage
Shortbow +6  to hit (range 80/320 ft; one creature).  Hit:  1d6+4 piercing damage
Sacred Flame +4 to hit (range 60’ – ignores cover) Hit:  1d8 radiant damage
Wrath of the Storm (2/long rest) – when a creature within 5’ of me hits me, as a reaction, I can cause it to make a DEX save DC 12 or take 2d8 damage (1/2 damage on save)

EQUIPMENT
shortsword, shortbow, dagger, 60 arrows, a quiver, studded leather armor, shield,  Explorer’s pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, 50 feet of hempen rope, tinderbox, 10 torch, ration 10 days, waterskin), healer's kit, traveler’s clothes, mummified orc hand (I cut it from a dying Orc after they killed my family 10 years ago), pouch 5 gp.

SPELLCASTING (DC 12 - +4 to hit) – I can prepare 3 spells per day plus Tempest spells
Cantrips (3):  Light, Sacred Flame, Spare the Dying
1st Level (2):  Fog Cloud*, Thunderwave*, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Guiding Bolt

* Tempest Domain Spells

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Appearance and Manner: I stand 5’ 8” tall and I’m light of build (158 lbs). My hair is black, but on the right side there is a vertical streak of white that looks like a lightning bolt.  My eyes are blue, but when I get angry, usually when I encounter evil humanoids, especially Orcs, they change to muddy green. 

Trait: I was raised by Elves after my family was slain by Orc raiders (about 10 years ago).

Ideals: Change – Life is like the seasons, everything must change.

Bond: Swore wrath against Orcs and other evil humanoids monsters.

Flaw:  I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts (mostly against Orcs and evil humanoids) that my isolation hasn’t quelled.

Leugren

First Post
Originally posted by Leugren:

Kyban
kyban.jpg

1st-level Lightfoot Halfling Monk [Way of Shadow]
Small Male Humanoid
Armor Class
15 (unarmored defense)
Hit Points 9 (1d8)
Speed 25 ft.
Sense Normal
Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 13 (+1)
Int 10 (+0) Wis 15 (+2) Cha 9 (-1)
Alignment Lawful Neutral
Languages Common, Halfling
TRAITS
Background - Urchin
Feature: City Secrets - You know the patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through
the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions
you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would
normally allow.
Proficiency (+2)
Tools: Disguise Kit, Thieves’ Tools, Calligrapher’s Supplies.
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
Weapons: Simple weapons, shortswords
Armor: none.
Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
Brave: You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
Naturally Stealthy: You can attempt to hide even when obscured by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.
Unarmored Defense: While you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.
Martial Arts: You gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren’t wearing armor or wielding a shield:
  • You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons.
  • You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes as you gain monk levels.
  • When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.

SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Perception +4, Athletics +3, Stealth +5
ACTIONS
Melee Attacks— Shortsword (Tiger Fang Blade) / Unarmed Strike:
+5 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature) / +5 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage (finesse, light) / 1d4 + 3 bludgeoning damage
Ranged Attack—Dart (Shuriken): +5 to hit (range 20/60 ft; one creature).
Hit: 1d4+3 piercing damage (finesse, thrown)

EQUIPMENT
A short sword (tiger fang blade), 10 darts (shuriken), an explorer’s pack, thieves’ tools, calligrapher’s tools, a crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, a belt pouch containing 7 cp.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Traits: “I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.” “I bluntly say what other people are hinting at or hiding.”
Ideal: “Justice. Those who prey upon the weak deserve no mercy. (Lawful)”
Bond: “I’m guilty of a terrible crime. I hope I can redeem myself for it.”
Flaw: “My former master and the other members of the Velvet Hand want me dead.”

BACKSTORY
Kyban never knew his father, and he lost his mother to a pox when he was only eight years old. He grew up a penniless urchin on the mean streets of Waterdeep. He developed a fierce devotion to a fellow orphan, a young elven girl named Tenley who helped teach him the ropes when he was first starting out. When he learned that Tenley had been beaten to death by a local bully named Drex, Kyban decided to seek retribution. He tracked Drex to an abandoned warehouse where a hooded figure named Ghostblade was appraising a number of potential recruits for the Velvet Hand, a secretive order of spies and assassins operating out of Waterdeep. Kyban burst into the warehouse and proceeded to give Drex a sound thrashing, even though the human boy was three years his senior, and about four times his mass. Intrigued by this exhibition, Ghostblade invited Kyban to join the Velvet Hand, promising him a life free from hunger and struggle. For the next five years, Kyban studied the Way of Shadow under Ghostblade’s stern tutelage. His first contract assassination went smoothly, but as he stooped to examine the body, he discovered that the victim had been a kindly old man who had often given Kyban and Tenley shelter when they were young. Kyban was horrified, and he seriously began to question the direction his life had taken. Knowing that Ghostblade would never allow someone to leave the Velvet Hand freely, Kyban used subterfuge to fake his own death and slip out of Waterdeep, making his way to Neverwinter where he hoped to use his talents in an effort to atone for the murder that he had committed.

Malisteen

First Post
Originally posted by malisteen:

gnome_archscientist_sized.jpg

(image source: "gnomon archscientist" by Joe thiel)

Thaddeus Brocc Mortimorticio Guiseppe Catgut Kinterzuul
NICKNAMES: "Mort" to friends & family, "Zuul" or "Catgut" to others

1st-level Rock Gnome Wizard
Small Male Humanoid
Armor Class: 12
Hit Points: 8
Speed 25 ft.
Sense Darkvision 60ft
Str 8 (-1) Dex 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2)
Int 17 (+3) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 10 (+0)

Alignment neutral
Languages common, gnome, elvish, draconic

TRAITS
Gnome Traits:
Gnome Cunning: advantage on int, wis, and cha saves against magic
Artificer's Lore: double prof bonus on histery checks re: magic items, alchemical objects, tech devices
Tinker: can create minor technological devices, see PHB page 37
Wizard Traits:
Spellcasting (see PHB pg 114)
Arcane Recovery (see PHB pg 115)
Background: Sage
Researcher
Proficiency (+2)
Tools: (tinker's tools)
Saving Throws: Intelligence & wisdom
weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows

SKILLS
Arcana, History, Medicine, Investigation
(if religion is required for knowledge of the undead, trade out one of the above,
or select skilled feat when available).

ACTIONS
Chll Touch: 120ft range, +5 to hit, d8 necrotic damage plus cannot heal for a around on hit,
undead targets hit also have disadvantage on attacks against Mort
Dagger: melee, +4 to hit, d4+2 damage
Spells: +5 to hit, save DC 13; 2x first level spells per day, plus one via Arcane Recovery

EQUIPMENT
Quarterstaff (also an arcane focus), tinker's tools, spellbook, scholar's pack, bottle of black ink, quill,
dagger, encrypted copy of the Tenebrous Tome of Sellosus the Blind, a letter from former instructor
entreating Mort to decrypt & translate said tome, set of common clothes, belt pouch

SPELLBOOK
Cantrips: Chill Touch, Mending, Minor Illusion
1st Level: Ray of Sickness, Find Familiar, Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Comprehend Languages

PREPARED SPELLS
Ray of Sickness, Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor

COMPANION
Springfeather: raven familiar: actually a clockwork skeleton within a taxadermied raven carcass,
animated by a fiendish spirit which whispers arcane secrets.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Traits: "I use polysyllabic words that convey the impression of great erudition;"
+ "I am irrepressibly, inexhaustibly, and, I've been told, insufferably enthusiastic about Necromancy"
Ideal: "The pursuit of knowledge requires a mind unfettered by ethics, faith, or... mortality"
Bond: "I will found a Necromantic Academy, to fill a void caused by petty fear and superstition"
+"I have an ancient text that holds terrible secrets, that must be deciphered & shared with the world"
Flaw: "I am drawn to forbidden lore, heedless of any danger others might claim it represents"

DETAILS
height: 3'4"
weight: 40 lbs
Skin: pale and chalky
Hair: shaved head, & a short, scruffy, blond beard
Appearel: black & grey wizard's robes & small round goggles

BACK STORY

Show
[sblock]Thaddeus Brocc Mortimorticio Guiseppe Catgut Kinterzuul, or 'Mort', was born to a clan of rock gnomes
who made their home in a major human city. The son of a mortician, Mort grew up around corpses, which
made him quite comfortable with the concepts of death and the dead even from an early age.

As a child, Mort practiced taxidermy as a hobby, and would construct tiny clockwork toy mice and frogs,
then stitch them into the skins of actual animals, which he found increadibly hilarious for reasons he could
never really convey to others. As he grew older, Mort started showing signs of arcane talent, which
manifested as a semblence of unlife imbued within his toys. When his family realized that Mort's latest pet,
a raven named Springfeather, was more than just a creepy clockwork, Mort quickly found himself enrolled
and living at the city's arcane academy.

Though Mort took well to his studies, he was frustrated to find that the school of Necromancy at the academy
was largely taboo, saddled with crippling restrictions from the academy masters and city governor, with only
a single tired, put upon instructor and no dedicated students. In fact, Mort was the first student to show open
interest in the school in fourty years. There were few books or resources on necromancy in the academy's
library, and no funds available for research tied to the school.

Mort found all of these restrictions extremely frustrating and counter intuitive. After all, knowledge is not
inherently evil, it is only what people do with it that matters. Could not evocation magic burn down a house?
could not conjuration open gates to fiendish horrors? Could not enchantment and illusion bewitch the mind?
How was Necromancy as a school any more dangerous or any less worthy of study than any of those
schools?

Because there was so little available to learn, Mort graduated sooner than his peers, and decided to travel
the world as an adventurer, seeking out the Necromantic lore that had been denied to him in his formal
education, and collecting it with the goal of eventuall opening his own academy of the Necromantic Arts,
so that future generations of young necromancers would not be frustrated as he had been. Upon his
graduation, his beloved teacher encouragd him to follow his dream, and gave him a rare and forbidden
text, the Tenebrous Tome of Sellosus the Blind, a book of secret necromantic lore. This particular copy
had been made by the Arch Necromancer Voderich Pale, who had locked the tome's secrets beneath a
cobweb of codes and cyphers both magical and mundane. The teacher had made very little progress in
translating and decoding the book, with the academy masters constantly watching him, but he hoped Mort,
with his new freedom, would be able to unlock the book's secrets, and use it to help establish his school.

[/sblock]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by Danny_Montanny:

ab24e3359b01b0a57ce73e6611c21cf0_0.jpg

Lady Magnolia (Mags) Montrésor
1st-level Rogue, Medium humanoid (human), chaotic neutral

Armor Class
14 (leather armor)
Hit Points 9 (1d8 + 1)
Speed 30 ft.

STR          DEX         CON
10 (+0)     16 (+3)     12 (+1)
   INT           WIS         CHA
  8 (-1)      13 (+1)     16 (+3)

Saving Throws Dex +5, Int +1
Skills Athletics +2, Deception +7, Insight +3, Perception +3, Persuasion +5, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +5
Senses Passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Deep Speech
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)

Equipment. A rapier, a shortbow and quiver of 20 arrows, an explorer's pack, leather armor, two daggers, thieve's tools, a set of fine clothes, a disguise kit, a signet ring of an imaginary duke, a diary written in a strange language, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp.

Feat. Actor: Mags has advantage on Charisma (Deceptoin) and Charisma (Performance) checks when trying to pass herself off as a different person. She can mimic the speach of another person or the sound made by other creatures. She must have heard the person speaking, or heard the creature make the sound, for at least 1 minute. A successful Wisdom (Insight) check contested by her Charisma (Deception) check allows a listener to determine that the effect is faked.

Proficiency. (+2) Mags is proficient with light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, short swords, and the following tools: disguise kit, forgery kit, and thieves' tools.

Epertise. Mags doubles her proficiency bonus for any ability check made that uses Charisma (Deception) and Dexterity (Sleight of Hand).

Sneak Attack.
Once per turn, Mags can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature she hits with an attack if she has advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or ranged weapon. She doesn't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and she doesn't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

ACTIONS
Rapier.
Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.
Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4 +3 piercing damage.
Shortbow. Ranged Weaopn Attack: +5 to hit, range 80 ft./320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Background. Charlatan (I put on new identities like chlothes)
Feature. False Identity.
Trait.
Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want. I lie about almost everything, even when there's no good reason to.
Ideal.
I am a free spirit - no one tells me what to do.
Bond.
I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.
Flaw.
I can't resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

BACK STORY
Magda Marsk was bored and tired of her simple life. Bored of serving in her father's tavern, The Stone Squire, in the North Ward of Waterdeep. Tired of seeing "noble" patrons saunter in and out, every day, like they owned the world. What right did they have that she didn't? Maybe it was time to take a little for herself. So she decided she would study these nobles. Learn how to act like them, copy their mannerisms and how they spoke. She'd then go out, as one of them, and take what she wanted. As would be her "noble" right! As a natural actor, it almost seemed too easy. She would sneak out at night and hit the taverns seaking her just due. Charming her way close to drunks and swiping their coin purses. But, alas, even this thrill started to wear thin. Lucky for her, things were about to get interesting. She had been spotted by a local grifter named Ronaldo who recognized her raw talent and kindred spirit. Now this was the life she was looking for. With Ronaldo as a mentor she quickly blossomed. Weather it was with her martial training or the con, she seemed like she was born for this life. Everything was so exciting now. There wasn't a mark too big that she and Ronaldo couldn't take down. Or so she thought... One night while working over what seemed to be a well off traveling merchant, Ronaldo aquired a small chest from the merhant's wagon. Though magically locked, he used his connections to have it opened for a cut of the score. To everyone's chagrin the only thing in the chest was a small book written in an odd language. Intrigued by the book, Mags took it as a curiosity and started to study it. Little by little the words started to make sense. Almost as if the book was unfolding itself to her, teaching her how to read it so that she could unlock it's contents. When she told Ronaldo this, he would just laugh it away and say that she was, "mad." But she wasn't crazy! There were secrets in this book. Ancient. Dark. Secrets that she had to know. And she wasn't the only one... As she approached the safehouse where she was to meet up with Ronaldo a few months after finding the book, she got the strangest feeling. Like a whisper in her ear. "Caution" it said. Not one to esily wave a feeling like that away, she stealthily approached a side window. That's when she saw the most horrifying thing she's ever seen. Ronaldo, hanging in mid air like a ragdoll, and standing infront of him a grotesque creature. A tall, gaunt humanoid, dressed in dark robes, and what looked like an octopus for a head. What happened next was something so horrid it will forever haunt her dreams. Terrified, she ran. Collected what little she could in a hurry and left Waterdeep's north gate that very night. Now she spends her days on the move under the cover of a noble from Baulder's Gate in hopes of throwing off any trail. But every night she reads before falling into a fitful rest. Reads in hope that something in the book will explain what it was that Ronaldo died for.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by Danny_Montanny:

20121016204914-9215b673_0.jpg

Komät the Swift
1st-level Barbarian, Medium humanoid (human), chaotic good

Armor Class
Hit Points 14 (1d12 + 2)
Speed 40 ft.

STR          DEX         CON
16 (+3)     14 (+2)     14 (+2)
   INT           WIS         CHA
10 (+0)     12 (+1)       8 (-1)

Saving Throws Str +5, Con +4
Skills Animal Handling +3, Athletics +5, Perception +3, Stealth +4, Survival +3
Senses Passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Goblin, Orc
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)

Equipment. A greatsowrd, 2 hand axes, an explorer's pack, 4 javalins, a staff, a hunting trap, a cloak made from a bear's hide, a set of traveler's clothes, a small metal urn containing ashes of his father (I ROLLED IT!), and a belt pouch containing 10 gp.

Feat. Mobile: When Komät uses the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost him extra movement on that turn. When he makes a melee attack against a creature, he doesn't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, wheather he hits or not.

Proficiency. (+2) Komät is proficient with light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, marial weapons, and the drums.

Rage. In battle, Komät fights with primal ferocity, On his turn, he can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, he gains the following benefits if he isn't wearing heavy armor:
  • He has advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
  • When he makes a melee weapon attack using Strength, he gains a +2 bonus to the damage roll.
  • He has resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
If Komät is able to cast spells, he can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging. His rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if he is knocked unconscious or if his turn ends and he hasn't attacked a hostile creature since his last turn or taken damage since then. He can also end his rage on his turn as a bonus action. Once he has raged twice, he must finish a long rest before he can rage again.

Unarmored Defense. While Komät is not wearing any armor, his Armor Class equals 10 + his Dexterity modifier + his Constitution modifier. He can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

ACTIONS
Greatsword.
Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6 + 3 slashing damage.
Handaxe. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 +3 slashing damage.
Javalin. Melee or Ranged Weaopn Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30 ft./120 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 3 piercing damage.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Background. Outlander (Tribal nomad)
Feature. Wanderer
Trait.
I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home. I feel far more comfortable around animals than people.
Ideal.
Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bond.
I suffer aweful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.
Flaw.
I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies.

BACK STORY
Komät was born of the Sky Pony tribe of the Uthgardt barbarians in the year DR 1473, the Year of the Heritic's Rampage. He's always felt great pride in his family, and in his tribe. His father had died a great hero when Komät was but a boy, and he carries with him a small urn with ashes from his father's funeral pyre as a reminder of the man he hopes to be. When he was young, before his right of passage, he spent his time caring for the tribe's animals. Though a bit more kindhearted and timid that other members of his tribe, his blood burns just as fierce as any other when battle is met. Fierce, but tempered, he knows that there's more to fighting than strength alone. Wise beyond his years in this regard, he blends his natural speed with savagry when it comes to combat. Though surviving in the wild has it's hardships, he wouldn't have life any other way. Until recently, that is. Lately he's been having strange dreams. Visions of soaring high over world, with wings of solid gold, free of Toril's constraints. As he looks around, though, his joy turns to dread. The land as buring, for countless miles, as far as his great eyes can see. With a start he wakes, but the feeling remains. This feeling of unease has been steadily growing and he's decided he must now leave the tribe to find out what these dreams mean. There's change in the air and he means to understand it so he can save his people.

El_karlos

First Post
Originally posted by El_Karlos:

Kirin Ichiban
Kirin.jpg

Art by Me! the-karl.deviantart.com

1st-level Wood Elf Monk
Medium Male Humanoid
Armor Class
Hit Points 9 (1d8)
Speed 35 ft.
Sense Darkvision 60ft
Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 13 (+1)
Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 10 (+0)
Alignment Lawful Neutral
Languages Common, Elven, Giant
TRAITS
Background - Wanderer
Feature: The Long Winding Road. Whever your party enters a new settlement or point of interest, there is a chance that you have visited it before in the past. At the DM's discretion you may know a contact in the settlement, useful details about the location, or may be confronted by old enemies or rivals.
Proficiency (+2)
Tools: Herbalism Kit, Musical instrument (Taiko Drums)
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
Weapons: Simple weapons, shortswords
Armor: none.
Elf Weapon Training: You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
Fleet of Foot: Your base speed is 35ft.
Trance: You can meditate for 4 hours to gain the benefits of an extended rest.
Keen Senses: You gain proficiency in the Perception skill.
Fey Ancestry: You gain advantage on saving throws against charmed and magic cannot put you to sleep.
Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, or other natural phenomena.
Unarmored Defense: While you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.
Martial Arts: You gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren’t wearing armor or wielding a shield:
  • You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons.
  • You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes as you gain monk levels.
  • When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.

SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Perception +5, Athletics +3, Stealth +5, Survival +5
ACTIONS
Melee Attacks— Quarterstaff (Two-handed):
+5 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage (versatile)
Unarmed Strike: +5 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 1d4+3 bludgeoning damage
Ranged Attack— Longbow: +5 to hit (range 150/600 ft; one creature).
Hit: 1d8+3 piercing damage (heavy, two-handed)

EQUIPMENT
A longbow, 20 arrows, a Quarterstaff (Bo-Staff), an explorer’s pack, Herbalism kit, Monk Robes, a kunai (dagger) inscribed with a mysterious sigil, a pouch with 11gp and 2sp.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Traits: “I am aloof, slow to anger, and resolute in my decisions."
Ideal: “By emptying myself of passion and emotion, my spirit will find peace."
Bond: “I follow a strict personal code that determines my actions."
Flaw: “I follow my path to escape my past sins. My code does not always align with the morals of others."

BACKSTORY
Having lived for a century as a decadent thrill-seeker, Kirin's colorful lifestyle finally took its toll on his mind and body. Guilty of a terrible sin known only to himself, he entered a self-imposed exile into the sandy wastes of the far east. When he returned, he was no-longer the rakehell elf of the past. Trained in meditative techniques by desert ascetics, Kirin has attempted to master his dark impulses through iron discipline and a strict code known as the Empty Path. Now, the Path dictates that he return to confront the demons of his former life, so that he may master them and continue his journey towards enlightenment.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by Whir:

This is the cleric I made for my online game. I am not a mythology major, so please don't bust me too hard for using Chang'e as a diety -- the imagery is what I was going for, not necessarily the actual Chinese mythology. I also did not list characteristics from the game background because I feel they are all spelled out more betterer by the brief character background

I will be adding higher level versions of her and her foster brother in the future!

"Why no shield?" Flavor. She is not a fighter (though she has been trained by the order). She will try to persuade her way out of a bad situation. If she can't, her brother steps in.

Xia Wei
1st level Human Cleric
Medium Female Humanoid
Armor Class 16 (chainmail)
Hit Points 10 (1d8+2)
Speed 30 ft.
Sense Normal
Str 13 (+1) Dex 11 (+0) Con 14 (+2)
Int 9 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 15 (+2)
Alignment chaotic neutral
Languages common, elvish, celestial

TRAITS
Background - Acolyte
    Feature: Shelter of the Faithful
Proficiency (+2)
    Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Spellcasting
Divine Domain - Life
    Disciple of Life

SKILLS
Insight +5, Medicine +5, Persuasion +4, Religion +1

ACTIONS
Melee Attacks— Mace: +3 to hit (reach 5 ft; one creature).
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage
Ranged Attack— Shuriken: +2 to hit (range 20/60 ft; one creature).
Hit: 1d4 piercing damage

SPELLS
Cantrips: Resistance, Sacred Flame, Save The Dying
Prepared Spells: Bless (Domaind), Cure Wounds (Domain), Detect Magic, Healing Word, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith

EQUIPMENT
chainmail armor, baton mace, 10 shuriken (darts), stilleto (dagger), traveling silks, holy vestments, holy symbol, healer's kit, holy water (1 flask), backpack, bedroll, silk blanket, rations (10 days), waterskin, a piece of crystal that faintly glows in the moonlight

BACKGROUND
Xia Wei is a cleric of Chang'e, Goddess of the Moon and Immortality. She has traveled far west of her homeland in search of a reagent which will complete an Elixir of Immortality for the high priestess of her temple. The reward for returning with the reagent would be the highest post under the new immortal, and as such, others are also racing to find it.

She dresses in the spun silk raiment of her homeland, her holy vestments mostly covering the intricately detailed chain mail given to the clerics who had volunteered for the mission. Her baton is made of steel, the pommel shaped like a full moon and the rod engraved with cassia flowers. Her shuriken are shaped like crossed crescent moons.

She is physically refined and generally quiet, but her appearance and silence belie her driven and selfish nature. She will do what needs to be done to get what she wants, though she will shirk from harming the innocent to accomplish this.

Her holy symbol, a full moon engraved with the shape of a cassia flower, is kept chained to her wrist at all times. When not in use, it hides in a pocket sewn into the sleeve of her vestments.

The shuriken are loaded in a bandolier which runs down the left side of her chainmail, underneath her arm. The stiletto is hidden in the back of her gear belt and covered by the cape of the vestments.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by Rhenny:

Here's another PC from one of my campaigns.    2nd level one this time.

Corporal Mara Steele of the Alliance (mustered out)

2nd-level Human Fighter     Medium Damaran Female
Armor Class 17 (studded Leather)   Hit Points 21 (2d10)   Speed 30 ft.

STR 13 (+1)   DEX 16 (+3)  CON 16 (+3)   INT 8 (-1)   WIS 8 (-1)  CHA 12 (+1)

Alignment Neutral
Languages common, goblin

TRAITS
 Background -Soldier
Proficiency (+2) – Athletics, Intimidation, Animal
Handling, Athletics, Cards, Land Vehicle

Saving Throws: Strength and Constitution (add prof. to those saves)

Defense Style Fighter (+1 AC)

Feat:  Duel Wielder (can use non-light weapons for duel wielding, and can draw both or stow them as a free action, +1 AC).

Second Wind  1d10+lvl/rest
Action Surge 1/short rest

ACTIONS
 Melee Attacks—
Duel Wielding Shortsword +5  1d6+3 and 1d6  (Trying to find rapier)
Dagger +5  1d4+3   (20'/60')

EQUIPMENT
dungeonering pack, studded leather armor, 2x shortsword, 12 daggers, An insignia of Corporal of the Alliance, a fancy sturdy bone dagger, deck of cards, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 62 gp

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Appearance: Height 5'6"
Weight 114lb
Black Hair, Fair skin tone, Short and toned
Traits: I’m always polite and respectful
Ideal: Ideals aren’t worth killing over or going to war for
Bond: I would still lay down my life for the people I served with.
Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.

Background:   Mara followed orders unquestionably when she fought in the great wars.  Her bravery, loyalty and compassion were applauded by her superiors, yet she could not advance above her rank because she didn’t have the intelligence or awareness to become a higher ranking officer.   After the war, disillusioned by the petty politics within the ranks, she mustered out.   She has been adventuring for the past few years as a hired hand.   She likes the carefree life she has right now, although she still exhibits bravery and loyalty to those she works with.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Originally posted by Jvance420:

thor_0.jpg

Nihilus
1st Level Variant Human Fighter
Medium Male Humanoid
Armor Class
19 (+16 chain mail, +2 shield, +1 style) DR3 vs non-magical slashing/blugeoning/piercing damage (feat)
Hit Points 12 (10+2)
Speed 30 ft.
Str 17 (+3)  Dex 10 (+0)  Con 15 (+2)
Int 10 (+0)  Wis 10 (+0)  Cha 12 (+1)
Alignment Lawful Neutral (Kelemvor)
Languages Common, Elven
TRAITS
Background - Soldier
Specialty - Officer
    Tools: Gaming Set (dragonchess), Vehicles (land)
    Trophy: A piece of the banner his fallen unit once represented.
    Saving Throws: Strength, Costitution
    Weapons: warhammer, 2 hand axes
    Armor: chain mail, shield
Fighting Style: Defense (+1 to AC)
Second Wind: One per round, can regain 1d10+level hit points.
Equipment: Explorer's Pack ( Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.)

SKILLS (+1 racial, +2 class, +2 background)
Atheletics +5, Intimidation +3, Perception +2, History +2, Insight +2
Feat: Heavy Armor Master

ACTIONS
Melee Attacks— Warhammer (One-handed):
 +5 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage (versatile)
Melee Attacks— Warhammer (Two-handed): +5 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature)
Hit: 1d10+3 bludgeoning damage
Ranged Attack— Hand Axe: +5 to hit (range 20/60 ft; one creature). 
Hit:  1d6+3 slashing damage (light, thrown) 

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Traits: "I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success."
Ideal: “My city, nation, or people are all that matter."
Bond: "I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."
Flaw: "I made a terrible mistake in battle that cost many lives—and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret."

BACKSTORY
Born to a military father, Nihilus joined the local militia as soon as he was able. He quickly rose to the officer rank from his brilliant tactical mind and from favors owed to his father. However, after receiving an assignment to secure an outpost rumored to be a target, his unit was attacked by orcs as they attempted to reach the outpost in time. Nihilus had chosen to not send a scout ahead in an attempt to arrive at the outpost faster. Had he taken the time to send a scout ahead, his unit might have survived. Nihilus was seriously wounded and left for dead, although he did manage to wound several of the orcs before falling. After he awoke, he slowly made his way to the outpost, which had been overrun and burned to the ground. Reinforcements arrived soon after and he was treated and returned to base where he was promptly dismissed for his failure. Although acting on orders, someone had to take the blame. Now that he his career as a soldier was over, he seeks employment doing the only thing he knows, war.

Notes: In 4E I played a human fighter named Nihilus, who was basically meant to a Thor type character who developed into his own character with a ridiculously fun to play history and personality of his own. I am attempting to transition this character into 5E while keeping the core of him, although with a bit less of his darkness. The idea is he has the shield, but can always stow it or simply drop it and two hand the warhammer for the bonus damage. Obviously a hammer is a must for this character and he will progress towards strength and con caps. Also some other feats I'm considering on down the road are: Sentinel, Shield Master, Mage Slayer and Savage Attacker. Anyhow, I think everything is right here, and I am curious of any feedback, both good and bad.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads