The Funeral: Raven alone

Manzanita

First Post
"I see." Raven pauses to watch him for a moment.

"You look like you've seen some action. Are you interested in doing more than sweep up horse manure?"

Someone

Adventurer
"No. I'm good here, don't want any more action."

He tilts his head while looking at you holding the shovel on both hands.

"Who are you?"

Manzanita

First Post
"My name is Raven Thorn. I know of you. You have performed great services. But it not yet your time to retire to this simple life."

Raven walks closer, and looks around to make sure they're alone.

"That crystal was not in Basher's chest. The search for it continues. I would see that it doesn't fall into the hands of those who would misuse it. I am helping Orerreth. Will you help me?"

OOC: Bluff +8, diplomacy +7, sense motive +6, if appropriate. She's basically telling the truth, though not exactly.

Someone

Adventurer
The warforged stirs and whirls, opening his eyes wildly. You read in him the intention of fighting or fleeing, but since you are taller, better armed and have a magebred horse, he finally gives in. "I don't want to fight any more" says, "Or have to do with anything about the war. I wish I was never there."

Manzanita

First Post
Raven smiles comfortingly. "There is no need for you to fight any more. But until that crystal is taken care of you, people will come to seek you out. I won't tell anyone else you are here. But you need to help me."

Raven looks around. If she sees another shovel, she will tie her horse, and join him in cleaning the stalls.

"Tell me a little of what's going on. Were you in league with Basher as an agent of Breland? Do you know any more about the crystal?"

Someone

Adventurer
"I told Orerreth already. I don't have any crystal."

"I'll tell you all I know, but you must promise to go and leave me alone. I was with Basher and his group in Cyre. We got orders of contacting someone, I don't know who, who gave him a crystal. Such things wasn't out of the ordinary in the war. Basher hid the crystal in the secret compartment in his chest, and that's all."

The warforged continues speaking in his peculiar and broken way:

"Soon after something happened; I can't remember clearly, just bits. My body was warped as it's now, and everyone but me was dead. I found Basher, and dug a grave for him, don't know why, but I only felt sorry I wasn't bigger and stronger so I could bury one deeper. Sound strange, but I wasn't functioning properly. I dropped my weapons and left the place. I wanted to never touch a weapon or go to the war again."

Manzanita

First Post
Someone said:

"I'll tell you all I know, but you must promise to go and leave me alone."

"OK. I promise. I won't tell anyone else where to find you either."

"So. The last thing you remember about the crystal is putting it in Basher's chest? Thanks for your help."

OOC: Sense motive +6. Does Raven mistrust him?

Someone

Adventurer
Raven's intuition is that the warforged doesn't trust her, and wants Raven stop making questions; for that reason she's reasonably sure the warforged told everything he knows. It's difficult to read him, though.

Manzanita

First Post
It makes sense to Raven. This scout worked for Breland as an agent. As such, he continued to help Orerreth, whom he knew to also be an agent of the crown. If he had sold the crystal for a profit, he wouldn't now be shoveling horse manure. If he worked for the Lord of the Blades, he'd be off in the Mournlands. It had been necessary to investigate this avenue, but it had turned out to be a dead end.

"Goodbye, my friend. I wish you peace and quiet after your dangerous service. Thank you for your help, and may the Sovereign Host bless you. Before I go, will you just tell me your name?"

Raven will then leave and ride her powerful horse back to Sharn.

Someone

Adventurer
The warforged shrugs. "I never cared for a name. Theo ther ones just called me 'the scout'"

A couple hours later and Raven is back at Sharn, where the stablemaster is very relieved of seeing the horse back and safe.

ooc: Is there anything else Raven is going to do before she meets the rest of the party? It looks like they are taking their time.

Remove ads