The Game of Kings

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"If this is the fastest, we'd be stupid to scuttle it. We can handle the crew if need be, bribes or threats, whatever works to get them to pilot this ship after we get our prize," Morika cuts in.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"If this is the fastest, we'd be stupid to scuttle it. We can handle the crew if need be, bribes or threats, whatever works to get them to pilot this ship after we get our prize," Morika cuts in.

Doral nods to Morika. "Agreed, but you never know what obstables may come our way."

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Bront said:
...which he presents to Glasia, "I hope you like it. It's Cloudchaser, perched on a cloud."

Taken aback by the gift, Glasia is suprised as the warforged presents the carving. "Thank you, Carver. I will cherish it."

She listens to the planning with interest, but remains quiet as the more forward members of the group propose ideas. Enjoying the simple fare, which was far better than the pirates ate in the tales of her youth, she chewed thoughtfully until Morika's comment and the reply from the half-elf. Swallowing, she speaks timidly.

"We could talk to the captain tonight. Better to know where he stands now than risk the confrontation at a time not of our choosing."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika gives a low chuckle at Glasia's suggestion. "We're doing something illegal, child. We'd be lucky if he just threw us overboard for suggesting it. We're messing with pirate politics, remember?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The kobold listens patiently, though it frowns at Glasia's comment. To her, it says in low tones, "Let us not forget that our query was kidnapped. Is is lawful to keep him under such conditions, for lack of a crime other than being who he is?"

To the rest: "Remember, we are 'agents' of the Princes Hesr'lan and Jedernis. In addition, the dwarves may look unfavorably upon trying to release Gaardasci on the grounds that piracy does interrupt trade, and thus the flow of money to them. We should talk to them yes, but we must find out a lever---something they want or fear happening. Let me think on this."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral tells Glasia with a smile, "No apology necessary. You made a decent suggestion, but I wouldn't let the entire cat out of the bag when you speak to the captain. Yes, that's right. You're going to speak to him. You're innocence is an asset. Simply inquire on when this ship is next due to depart for whence we came. And ask him how much it will cost to buy someone a ticket. Also, ask him the price for us to bring cargo on board. Something around 200 pounds in weight, and the size of a barrel. Make sure not you do not answer any of his questions."

"Now... who is going to be our diplomat? I want to be present when he goes into a discussion with the dwarves, although I should simply act as a helpful assistant. And when you speak of leverage, what do you think we will find? That the dwarves are actually closet cross-dressers with a penchant for elven wine?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Deuce Traveler said:
"Now... who is going to be our diplomat? I want to be present when he goes into a discussion with the dwarves, although I should simply act as a helpful assistant. And when you speak of leverage, what do you think we will find? That the dwarves are actually closet cross-dressers with a penchant for elven wine?"
The kobold arches the skin above his eye again. He continues further in quiet tones, "Nothing so pedestrian. No, we must go at what they wish---money. If we can determine the exact nature of their proposed agreement, and what could make that go sour, that would give us the edge. As an example, one could state that a hypothetical destabilization of the Port Verge economy could occur if one person were not relieved of their imprisonment; perhaps suggest that that person has broader connections than Port Verge is letting on. And perhaps further suggest that there is evidence---however 'truthful'---of this, and perhaps of other shady dealings of Port Verge that would not be in the dwarves best interest. That sort of thing. Negotiation is either telling someone exactly what they want to hear or making them worry about that which worries them most."

The kobold lens back in its chair a moment, stroking its long jaw. "But your suggestion of sending Glasia to ask the Captain is appropriate. Such simple queries, by the one least likely to arouse suspicion, should conceal our purpose. As for the negotiation---that is my duty. That is what I was hired for."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral nods at this. "Then I suggest we spend this first night enjoying our 'cruise'. This will allow us to observe the comings and goings of the dwarves before we act. After we determine their sleeping and eating habits, I can always slip into their quarters and attempt to find any written instructions they have received from the leaders of their House. Also, let's see if the crewmembers clean our rooms and the quarters of the dwarves in the morning. If so, that may make my slipping inside easier."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Something's always illegal to someone, whether we leave him or spring him, we're going to annoy somebody. So I just assume we're breaking someone's rules and go from there. But as for negotiating, unless you need someone threatened I'd better stay far away. I prefer my dealings direct and violent," Morika says, leaning back and picking her teeth with a dagger, a predatory smile on her face.

Remove ads