"The Gamers: The Series, Season 0" has begun.

Cool! I didn't even know this was happening. Morrus

Ryujin

Legend
Meh, I would like it to be about the, you know, Gamers, not their characters, but that's my opinion.

And we all like what we like. No one can tell you that your personal tastes are wrong. Have you seen the movie, "The Gamers", that got this all started? It's poorly shot, poorly acted, and incredibly funny (from my point of view).

[video=youtube;oSynJyq2RRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSynJyq2RRo[/video]

Matt Vancil and company have been building toward this for more than a decade. All of the things that they've made are tied together, in one way or another.

DM Howard

Explorer
And we all like what we like. No one can tell you that your personal tastes are wrong. Have you seen the movie, "The Gamers", that got this all started? It's poorly shot, poorly acted, and incredibly funny (from my point of view).

[video=youtube;oSynJyq2RRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSynJyq2RRo[/video]

Matt Vancil and company have been building toward this for more than a decade. All of the things that they've made are tied together, in one way or another.

Of course I've seen it, and the other movies as well. It's really my point. Everything has, in the end, been about the gamers themselves not their characters. This seems more "in-character" which while still fun isn't as interesting to me.

Ryujin

Legend
Of course I've seen it, and the other movies as well. It's really my point. Everything has, in the end, been about the gamers themselves not their characters. This seems more "in-character" which while still fun isn't as interesting to me.

You say "of course" but I provided the link, precisely because it wasn't clear if you had seen it or not. Far more people seem unaware of their work than are aware of it, even within the gaming community ;)

DM Howard

Explorer
You say "of course" but I provided the link, precisely because it wasn't clear if you had seen it or not. Far more people seem unaware of their work than are aware of it, even within the gaming community ;)

First off left me apologize if my reply sounded snarky in any way because that wasn't the intent. :)

I meant "of course" as in "of course, what self-respecting RPG nerd hasn't?". Obviously many people haven't and I didn't bring my thoughts across very well.

From this video it seems like the series will be about the Gamers (RPG) characters rather than the Gamers (Gamer) characters. I would love to be proven wrong, but I enjoy the out of game side sometimes more than the in-game story. Kind of like how I enjoy Knights of the Dinner Table. Sure it is parody of the games and gamers we know and love, but it is rooted in real world situations and problems except with a gaming context. Just my thoughts.

Ryujin

Legend
First off left me apologize if my reply sounded snarky in any way because that wasn't the intent. :)

I meant "of course" as in "of course, what self-respecting RPG nerd hasn't?". Obviously many people haven't and I didn't bring my thoughts across very well.

From this video it seems like the series will be about the Gamers (RPG) characters rather than the Gamers (Gamer) characters. I would love to be proven wrong, but I enjoy the out of game side sometimes more than the in-game story. Kind of like how I enjoy Knights of the Dinner Table. Sure it is parody of the games and gamers we know and love, but it is rooted in real world situations and problems except with a gaming context. Just my thoughts.

No worries on that account. It's the internet ;)

I don't have any insider information, apart from knowing that this was coming by virtue of being a Patreon supporter. At the risk of spoiling an almost 14 year old movie, the end of "The Gamers" is pretty explicit as to the status of the in-game characters and their players. Likewise the status of the more recent players in "The Gamers: Hands of Fate" and their characters. My understanding is that "The Gamers: The Series" is also a lead-up to the fourth movie in "The Gamers" series, based on the situation from the end of "Hands of Fate."

People who haven't seen the afore-mentioned films and want to be in the know, should likely catch up :)

Nylanfs

Adventurer
No worries on that account. It's the internet ;)

I don't have any insider information, apart from knowing that this was coming by virtue of being a Patreon supporter. At the risk of spoiling an almost 14 year old movie, the end of "The Gamers" is pretty explicit as to the status of the in-game characters and their players. Likewise the status of the more recent players in "The Gamers: Hands of Fate" and their characters. My understanding is that "The Gamers: The Series" is also a lead-up to the fourth movie in "The Gamers" series, based on the situation from the end of "Hands of Fate."

People who haven't seen the afore-mentioned films and want to be in the know, should likely catch up :)

That's some mighty find tap-dancing there. :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads