• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The GMF Campaign (The Dreams)

ChaosEvoker

First Post
The other patrons do indeed look oddly familiar. The waitress speels out a logn list of breakfast foods, virtually anythign you could possibly want and proceeds to serve each of you in turn. This area, low in halfling population has no such stools, but a nearby corner table (much like a corner table booth at a restaurant) is low enough that sitting at that table would bring you enough above the surface to be comfortable.

MarkCsigs

First Post
Zanis stirs ... the morning light piercing through the shutters hits his eyes like little daggers even with the extra sheet he threw up over the window after that first sunrise. Still not used to waking to sunlight, he wonders how humans and others have been able to do it all their lives. Gives a body strange, strange dreams too ...

After taking a bit of time to comb out and braid his beard Zanis heads down to the tavern to have a hearty breakfast. But then looking about the room and seeing the faces there gives him a bit of a queazy feeling in the stomach ...

(to the waitress) "Uhhh ... best to just start with an ale, Miss ..."

themind

Explorer
A little disappointed in the choice of seating he heads for teh corner table."How about some eggs and bacon. With some milk. Alcohol doesn't mix with breakfast in my opinon." he says. As he sits he notices the others that are coming down too.

Hey, that can't be. They were in the dream. That's it no more alcohol for me for the rest of my life."

ChaosEvoker

First Post
The waitress returns with your orders, bringing them back without flaw. She comments to a few of you:

"You all seem to recognize each other. Have you all met before? Are you a group of ADVENTURERES?"

She seems quite facinated and intrigued but such a prospect and eagerly awaits an answer.

LilMissKittyn

First Post
Ariana wakes up slowly, a little shaken by her dream. She prepares for the day and heads into the hallway, contemplating the recent experience.

She reaches the doorway of the common room and pauses as she hears the waitress speak, "Have you all met before? Are you a group of ADVENTURERS?"

She glances around the doorway and is a bit surprised to see several people from her dream sitting around a table. Without a word, she walks to the table, trying to hide her amazement, and joins them.

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
I woke up, cluching my small hafling head in pain. That dream left me with a terrible headache, it was just a dream, right? I stood, gathering my supplies, and dressing, without haste. I ploded towards the door, still waiting for the just-waken-up grogginess feeling to pass.

I stumbled down the stairs, wondering had I accidentally drank some ale last night, I have a taboo on the stuff. My hand cluched the banister, to keep myself from tripping, and when I reached the taverns commons, I stood for a second, taking in the surroundings. I noticed something, something strange, people from my dream. Nah, couldn't be, how could I have seen them in my dream, but they were all right here in front of me. Maybe I was still dreaming.

I strided over to the table, catching the last vestiges of the conversation,

"You all seem to recognise each other. Have you all met before? Are you a group of ADVENTURERS?"

I got in a bit of a huff, what was going on here?

"Hey!" "HEY!" "Does anyone know whats going on here? Cause I sure don't..." I pulled myself a seat, and snapped to the waitress, "Gimme a poached egg, that is if you can do that for me, if not, give me some bacon, and some eggs, scrambled..."

MarkCsigs

First Post
"Miss ... I'd have said I've never met any of these people before in my life ... except for the strangest dream last night ..."

themind

Explorer
"I am an adventurer. Name is Elden Whisperwalk. Probably never heard of me. Haven't made much of a name for myself yet. Just arrived here the other day from Javast, my hometown." the halfling exclaims.

He then looks at the others, "Have I met you before? You'd think I'd remember."

Nightcloak

First Post
"You all seem to recognize each other. Have you all met before? Are you a group of ADVENTURERES?"

"That, my young lass, is hard to say. I do not know if we are indeed adventurers. But from the looks and questions, I'd say we are most definitely on an adventure!"

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
"Leon Greymantle, at your service..." I said, with a flourish of my arms, glorifying myself. "I am an adventurer, but I still have to wonder whats going on, the dream was some kind of sign, if you all believe in that wishwash, me, I'll believe it when I see it."

"I think I'd remember too, if I had met one, as noble, and worthy as you, Elden, my halfling brotheren."

"Thats odd, I'd swear I saw you in my dream too, is it just me, or is this dream thing the commonality between us?" I was excited by this idea, me, actually reciving a legendary, dream-message, people of my tribe dream about having that sort of dream, too bad I'm gone for good, if only to prove a point. I will not submit to the tribes silly taboo against magic, I'm ok with not drinking alcohol, and a few of the other taboos, but not the no-magic rule, I'm a thief, but I'd be nowhere without the Art. I let some of my agitation go by smiling, and tapping one foot on the floor, while I waited for a welcome reprive, my meal.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads