• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The goblin BombMage

Tehnai

First Post
Well, for the grenades, yes. The mines are actual magic.

I saw him sort of a tribal little wizard dude, making weird dangerous potions out of whatever he found (and it always explodes) with a little boom magic on the side.

DanmarLOK

First Post
Nifty creature and definitely helps bulk up the goblin tribes. I made a minor change by turning the grenades themselves into magic, the vials are a strange gluelike substance that can absorb magical energies that the bombmage generates and that's how he attacks because he hasn't mastered the ability to project his fire energies out well yet.
And I gave him a death power where he smashes his pouch of vials and expends the last of his energies into a little nova to take the bad guys with him.

Here's a write up with a tactics entry although it's pretty simple, throw grenades and set fire mines until forced to run or deal with the party on a more personal basis.

Just for the *grin* factor I also worded the land mines such that he could set them in squares that players were already in but they don't trigger until the player leaves the square. Kind of a lethal weapon sitting on the toilet thing.

http://www.keyourcars.com/2008/06/30/goblin-bombmage

Tehnai

First Post
I love it!

Thank you all for the support :p

Question to Danmar, though. You mind sticking my name somewhere on your blog? I'm a showoff at heart and I just have to ask for the "original idea" bragging rights :p

If you want, let's work on a couple of neat critters, you and me, some time, I think we could think up some nice beasties!

LOL, that's great! :)

Some years ago, I made a race of goblins who, because they had been left alone an dhad good food, got a bit brainier. Goblins in my homebrew world use poison, a lot, by the way they like alchemy.
These uber goblins had a lot of alchemists, so they created explosives, and then they created a special mind bending drug that drove it's user into a frenzy...

and that's where the goblin satchel charge bomber came from...one ran into a pub with the PCs and blew the place up! Muhaha!:devil:
for 3.5 the "Bombers" were barbarians, totally psyched up and hard to stop, they either carried a fire or explosive bomb on their back, and considered it their holy duty to Maglubiyet to wipe out their tribes enemies.

Was a fun but short (due to RL issues) campaign where these little buggers, servants of "black ogres" (ogre/fire giant cross creatures) blew up the main town of a small island like Iceland :p

Maybe I'm sick, but it's fun seeing players scared of, and running their characters away from...goblins, hehe!

Tehnai

First Post
This is a brave new world, my friend, a brave new world.

Although I am kinda nostalgic of 2nd edition. I should run a game sometime, for kicks.

P.S. You got my name wrong ><

DanmarLOK

First Post
Certainly and I apologize for the oversight I do normally try to credit the OP with both a link to the original thread and a link to their profile for things I add to my site.

I love it!

Thank you all for the support :p

Question to Danmar, though. You mind sticking my name somewhere on your blog? I'm a showoff at heart and I just have to ask for the "original idea" bragging rights :p

Remove ads