The Goblin Corps is out early!

Welverin

First Post
This is one fat book, and on a serious note, is Thief's Covenant your next book or do you ave something coming out before that?

Thanks for the link - I've been wondering what the book is like.

While it's clearly not to my taste, there are at least a thousand aspiring authors for every one who gets published, so you must be doing something right. Congratulations.

Thank you. :)

And it's more than fair that GC doesn't sound to your taste. I'm the first to admit it's not for everyone.

On a self-serving note, though, I am going to ask if you mind telling me which parts of it don't sound like your cup of tea--so I can try to guess if you'd like any of my other books. :D;)

This is one fat book, and on a serious note, is Thief's Covenant your next book or do you ave something coming out before that?

Unless you count the mass market printing of The Warlord's Legacy, yeah, Thief's Covenant is my next novel.

(Though I may have some short stories coming out between now and then, depending on when the anthologies in question see release. Honestly not sure.)

Welverin

First Post
(Though I may have some short stories coming out between now and then, depending on when the anthologies in question see release. Honestly not sure.)

Just make sure to let us know when they do, I don't want to miss anything, regardless of how far behind in my reading I am.

Croesus

Adventurer
Thank you. :)

And it's more than fair that GC doesn't sound to your taste. I'm the first to admit it's not for everyone.

On a self-serving note, though, I am going to ask if you mind telling me which parts of it don't sound like your cup of tea--so I can try to guess if you'd like any of my other books. :D;)

One, I'm not a fan of profanity. I can ignore it in some cases, but it's not my preference.
Two, I don't generally root for bad guys. I like really good villains that are fun to hate, but I prefer to root for the heroes (or bad guys who aren't really all that bad).
Three, you really lost me at "Quentin Tarantino"... :)

I do have Conqueror's Shadow on hold at the local library. Figured I'd give it a shot just to see if I like it.

One, I'm not a fan of profanity. I can ignore it in some cases, but it's not my preference.
Two, I don't generally root for bad guys. I like really good villains that are fun to hate, but I prefer to root for the heroes (or bad guys who aren't really all that bad).
Three, you really lost me at "Quentin Tarantino"... :)

I do have Conqueror's Shadow on hold at the local library. Figured I'd give it a shot just to see if I like it.

All fair enough.

Conqueror's Shadow may indeed be more your speed. There's a very little bit of profanity, but really not much. The main character is definitely a dark/anti-hero type, but he's not the full-on villain that the characters in The Goblin Corps are. (Although he used to be, at one time in his past.)

But hey, if not, so be it. Like I said, I don't expect my writing to appeal to everyone. :)

Hey, if you're a Facebook user and are curious about the book, you can download a free excerpt once you've joined the Goblin Corps FB page. :) Said excerpt consists of the first seventy-four pages of the book--the prologue and all of Chapter One.

And if you're not a FB user but are curious, don't fret. I'll be making said excerpt available elsewhere in a few days. I just wanted to give the FB folks first crack at it.

Remove ads