The Grand Tour

W

WizO_Adele

Welcome to the new message boards!

As you can see, there are many options available. One neat feature I recommend people take a look at is under your profile set up. You can limit the number of lines of people's signatures that show up. So, even if someone has a ton of text, you can set it so you only see the first line or two.

The second is the Ignore list. You'll be seeing us WizOs suggest people utilize this feature to prevent flame wars from bursting out. Hopefully, if people who rub each other are on each other's ignore list, we won't come to the usual inevitable conclusion to the conflict and end up banning both parties.

You'll also notice that you can receive emails when someone replies to your post. I'll be honest, it's a cool feature if you're watching one or two threads. But, your mailbox WILL fill up quickly if you don't de-select it when making a new post. We've looked and haven't found a way to default that to OFF. So be sure to double check everything before you post!

There are some forums that will allow attachments, these being the Art forum, and I believe one of the Magic Online forums as well. It's shut off on the rest of the boards, as we're not sure yet what impact it will have on the speed. Don't forget, we're a big board with lots of members. If it slows things down, we may have to shut it off.

Polls- Only WizOs, GMs, and some Other World folks can create polls. Everyone can vote on them. Our Polling rule still stands, though. (Type 1 if you like Planescape. Type 2 if you don't type polls. We prefer discussions rather than a list of numbers.)

Another cool feature is the Jump to Forum button. You can either use that to go to any other forum we have, or you can use the "list" at the top of the board to surf around in and out of various areas.

Board Descriptions

The Rec Room. It's an Off topic board that will be evaluated after 90 days. Let's NOT make it a spam board, okay? The idea is to learn about the other posters, and let's be honest, all the spam threads all look alike. I'm considering kicking off all the hello threads over to there. Discuss books, movies, whatever. But junk like "First post!" "Second post!" "Third Post!" really is annoying and shouldn't go there. If people want the board to stick around, it should be free of spam.

Next up is the Art Gallery. This is where you can post the Character Artwork requests or show off your own talents.

Once Upon a Time is where you can post your creative stories. We've always had this forum in ISRP, but it's a nice compliment to the Art Gallery. It's been moved to the Creative Corner.

World Creation project. Another one we've had for a while. Paradox originally came up with the idea for the RPG people to create a world, but figured the TCG folks might get a kick of making Magic cards out of some of the creations. So far, the TCG fans are the ones creating the world. Get your butts over there!

The Marketplace is where you can post if you are selling or buying RPG or TCG related material as well as announcements for looking for other gamers in your area. Also a general announcement place for gaming conventions, such as GenCon.

The ISRP area remains relatively unchanged. The Once Upon a Time board has been moved to the Creative Corner and the Map of the Planes has been moved to the Game Boards. They are still hosted by your friendly ISRP hosts. Also, please note that in light of the Rec Room board, we will no longer allow the previous ‘banter’ threads to be posted in ISRP. Go there and have fun with each other, as well as other users from different sections of the board.

The Game Boards, for all your message board game needs. You have quite a few options here from free form boards to online dice-roller boards, from specific settings, to no settings. Explore and find the one that’s right for you.

Please remember to check the TCG or RPG Meta-board every now and again for boards updates or announcements. Those boards are the main areas for updates. So we won’t be posting general updates here, unless it’s really important. The updates could rapidly overtake our small board area. I urge you to keep checking elsewhere for the every day stuff!

Nugan

First Post
The new boards sound really cool. :)

Anyway, I was wondering: A temporary archive of the old boards was mentioned earlier. Is this up yet?

I have a few threads that I wanted to revive, but I don't have all of them saved on my computer.

Jetbomb24

First Post
about that E-mail default thing, it's really easy, go to the user CP, edit options. it's under Messaging & Notification ("Use 'Email Notification' by default?"). There's a lot of cool stuff in there too. Thanks for doing the change over Wizos! I've used this system before and it's really cool :cool:

I

Incensius

Ok, well the boards look nice enough, and since i'm supposed to be pessimistic i'm gonna start complaining: first of all ladies and gentlemen.....i checked out th emap of the planes and please explain what's up with this:

Forum Rules:You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

It was my impression that communism had been vanquished....
At least in the large part of the world.....maybe it's just me and my lack of understanding...
But anyway please correct me ...

W

WizO_Bailey

:uh-huh: So you're asking why you can't upload files to the Map of the Planes board? :confused:

Nevine

First Post
So you're asking why you can't upload files to the Map of the Planes board?

Nah Bailey, I think he's taking the 'Forum Rules' the wrong way. As in, they're telling him exactly what he can/cannot do.

Obviously, this isn't the case. THOSE are the permissions given to you as a user, it's not the moderators telling you what to do, it's the boards software.

Moderator's for example probably have several more options under the 'Forum Rules' sections.

M

Myranthor

I wondered how works the "Private message" thing. Could I have an explanatin about this? I already put some people in my "buddy list", but aside from seeing them in my user cp, I don,t know what it is supposed to do.

Thank you!

B

Bhryn Astairre

Only got one serious grumble about these boards.

In a single post you are only allowed, 10,000 characters I believe.

I was trying to move a story over from the old boards ( Assassin ) and was stuck, spending my time chopping up the text into bitesize pieces because of this rather frankly, obscenely obtuse ruling. Why on earth is this in enforcement?

Otherwise, I love the colour scheme, and the layout of it.

Also like the new additions made to the boards, good work...

:: hopes they'll fix the limit, grumps ::

Nic xx

Remove ads