• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Gray Spire (Game)

Droon

First Post
The town is a jumble of random types of houses and structures, but you do notice that there arn't any one story buildings. Some of the buildings are extremely alien even a few of them made out of metal. Groups of young men 3 to 6 wearing similar grey capes with the emblem of the spire embroidered on the back, the only difference in the capes are the pins holding them and a thin band of color bordering them.

The town itself is nestled in the middle of a thick tall forest on a massive island a single road leads out of town. Off in the distance above the tree lining a single massive pin sticking out of the canopy looking as if trying to Perice the sky, The Gray Spire. A large 5 story structure made out of thin sheets of mettle catches your eye, and the sounds of a piano playing within the door to this place seems busy with many patrons coming and going the Sign just above the door oddly names this place Endeavor and under the Stenciled name crudely etched onto is surface "Tavern and Inn".

Charberus

First Post
"Once again, Kyre...Thanks for the healing. your an angel." Bazut says and bows. He then goes over to Anthony, Ars, and Dreylin. "I have no real need for anything here, other then some nice ale, food, and nice atmosphere. I think it would be best if we not split up too much. I don't know if that group plans on 'finishing' the job. But, I think it would be wise if we didn't all head off alone."

[I could use a healing potion]

Last edited:

Lordgrae

First Post
Ars responds to Bazut "I am simply going to proceed to the tower and seek my instrutions there. Perhaps I'll learn what is to become of us trainees."

Droon

First Post
[sblock=Emblems]The Grey Spire
Evanrtai.jpg

Platinum Knights
PKnights.jpg
[/sblock]
The spire itself is on the opposite side of the island, there is a port there but few ships are allowed to dock there. The main road out of town curves toward it, you can find regualr carrages that take you to and from the spire.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
Anthony looks at the blade, eyebrows twitching. "Ya know i do appriciate it, but i couldn't hit the broad side f the ship with these stupid blades." Sighing in frustration, He'll sheath the weapon next to its counterpart.
"I think that is a good idea, how about we sell the extra gear and split whatever we get out of it? oh yea, and then head to the tower."

Dog Moon

Adventurer
JonnyFive said:
Anthony looks at the blade, eyebrows twitching. "Ya know i do appriciate it, but i couldn't hit the broad side f the ship with these stupid blades." Sighing in frustration, He'll sheath the weapon next to its counterpart.
"I think that is a good idea, how about we sell the extra gear and split whatever we get out of it? oh yea, and then head to the tower."

Dreylin pauses only a few steps from the others. "Yes," he says, "This sounds like a good plan. It's hard to say how much time we'll even be able to spend within this town, being new recruits and all."

Droon

First Post
You leave town the road curves toward the spire, there seems to be a lot of traffic coming and going. About an hour of walking you notice an old collapsed castle off in the distance several groups of young men in front of it doing things you can't make out. Father down the road you can make out the massive gates to the courtyard of the Spire. Two massive stone griffon's flank the gates ever vigilant of attack. At the gates you spot about 5 men and 3 woman stopping people coming in and out asking for papers, a tall woman stops you and asks, "New students?" Gives a slight smile, "Names and seals, the notes." She then reads over a rolled up scroll, as you each give your names "Ok, Next!" waving you past. Within the gates many servants are running about making preparations for new students, A wooden sign nailed to an old tall post marking "New Students" stands in front of a large tent, the girls you met on the boat can be seen walking away from the tent, some young men in grey cloaks that previously seemed to be doing nothing walk to them trying to strike up conversation they disappear deeper into the crowd of people, inside the tent an old dwarf sitting in front of a desk trimming his beard, a massive book lies atop his desk.
Tellah-Status.gif
He raises an eye brow at you, pauses only half a second then continues to trim his beard. The book opens with a slam and a quill sitting next to it hovers over a blank page, "Names?" He then glances at your names on the book as if he did not hear them. "I am your High Instructor for your time as an Initiate. You have been given apartments by order of arrival, seeing that your some of the last few to arrive, you will be staying in dormitory Black 1. The dormitories are separated by boys and girls, you are not allowed within the girls dormitory except by invitation. If caught within those grounds you will be immediately kicked out of the school. The same goes for girls but I don't see any here. Initiates are required to wear grey tabbards that will be given to you at the initiation ceremony. That is all." Then goes back to cutting his split ends.

Droon

First Post
OOC: Yes, Tellah
Wikipedia said:
Tellah the Sage is a fictional, playable character from the Square Co., Ltd. RPG Final Fantasy IV. His name is probably a mistranslation of Terah, which is also Hebrew slang for "old man." One of the oldest playable characters in the series, Tellah is very wise, though is a bit short-tempered. At a younger age, he was a famous sage in the mage village of Mysidia, having learned nearly all the white and black magic known to man by deciphering various ancient scrolls.
Tellah-Status.gif
He looks back up alittle surprised, "Wha, huh? Your still here?" Mumbles, "Mmm, yes. It's tomarrow at noon. But you will need to get there bright and early." Waving you away, "Go, ask somone else, one of the older kids, boy." (As a dwarf he knows your a child)

Remove ads