• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Gun-Fu bayoneted rifle fighter: priliminary ideas.

Storyteller01

First Post
Some ideas I have so far for this idea, using examples for the 'Masters of Arms' book. It's just the basics; I haven't added mechanics to it yet. Your feedback nis appreciated. :)

Close Quarters Shot: You don't draw AoO's from shooting in melee.

Stab and Shoot: A two part combo for the bayonet. If the first attack hits, the second attack (which must be shooting) automayically hits for double damage.

Flexible Grip: You can use the weapon as a great club instead of a double weapon. This means no stabbing maneuvers and possibly damaging your rifle.

Impact Hit: A two part combo. If the first hits, the second becomes an opposed strength check. If you win, you get to move your opponent 5 ft in any direction

Ringing their Bell: Another two part, this one for the rifle butt. If the first hits the second is resolved with a fort save. If the opponent fails, they're dazed for 1d4 rounds.

Thrust: Yet another two part combo. Sac your second hit to give the first bonuses to hit and damage.

Stab and Twist: If the first attack hits the second automatically does 1d6 damage (no str bonus). The wound bleeds as per the wounding ability.

NOTE: The maneuver I compared this to actually resolved as replcing the damage with 1d6 Con damage with no save! I felt that this was more appropriate.

Aiming: You spend multiple attacks aiming one shot. If the last succeeds, resolve the attack as if all attempts had hit.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Storyteller01 said:
Stab and Shoot: A two part combo for the bayonet. If the first attack hits, the second attack (which must be shooting) automayically hits for double damage.
Either auto-hit or double damage. Doing both is crazily powerful, especially under the Modern rules. Automatically hitting is nice, especially for an iterative. Rolling once and getting double damage as if you'd critted (or triple damage because you did crit) is equally nice. Getting both benefits is crazily powerful and almost certainly unbalanced.

Remove ads