• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The guy who leaked the Core Books was a:

The guy who leaked the Core Books was a:

• Hero

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • Deuchebag

Votes: 238 65.4%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harshax

First Post
aboyd said:
However, having now seen the PHB for 4th, I can see that it's very well organized

Mostly agree. However, I do not like that magic items are in the PH.

I would not vote d-bag, because the individual responsible has not committed some heinous crime.

In my mind, she's a dashing rogue/hacker, who snuck into the WotC compound, and after disabling the guards with charm and sleep powders hacked their computer systems and sent me a love letter.

Cadfan

First Post
Douchebag. Leaking the books denied us the fun of escalating anticipation before the official moment of release. We would have had a countdown, a race to the store, and then an explosion of information on the forum.

Instead, we had a sort of guilty mini explosion of information, where everyone lied about having purchased from buy.com, and leaked only a little bit of info. We didn't have a countdown, there were no last minute anticipation, no race to be the first to get their books.

It was inevitable that someone would leak the books prior to the release date. If it wasn't this guy, it would have been someone else receiving the books from a lazy, apathetic, or sleazy local gaming store, or an incompetent clerk at a major retail outlet, and a quick scanning and uploading to torrent. It was inevitable. But it wasn't cool.

FickleGM

Explorer
Harshax said:
Mostly agree. However, I do not like that magic items are in the PH.

I would not vote d-bag, because the individual responsible has not committed some heinous crime.

In my mind, she's a dashing rogue/hacker, who snuck into the WotC compound, and after disabling the guards with charm and sleep powders hacked their computer systems and sent me a love letter.
No, douchebag is totally appropriate. Much harsher language is reserved for those who commit heinous crimes. Trust me.

Harshax

First Post
FickleGM said:
No, douchebag is totally appropriate. Much harsher language is reserved for those who commit heinous crimes. Trust me.

As one who uses the word regularly (look south, I'm waving from Chicago), I disagree.

Back to lurking.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Cadfan said:
Instead, we had a sort of guilty mini explosion of information, where everyone lied about having purchased from buy.com, and leaked only a little bit of info. We didn't have a countdown, there were no last minute anticipation, no race to be the first to get their books.
Also: It makes the forums half-useless to people who DON't download the PDFs. Seriously. I have to wait a week, until I know what 50% of all threads are talking about.

I'm living on snippets I've gathered in the threads, revealing a lot of minor snippets.

Cheers, LT.

FickleGM

Explorer
Harshax said:
As one who uses the word regularly (look south, I'm waving from Chicago), I disagree.

Back to lurking.
Hey, being from Chicago isn't a heinous crime...it's more of a curse.

Harshax

First Post
FickleGM said:
Hey, being from Chicago isn't a heinous crime...it's more of a curse.

Why? Not enough opportunity to shoot yourself in the eye with a crossbow while riding a snowmobile and drinking a Leinie? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads