• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The hell with the blade!

Bloodcloud

First Post
So, I was trying to build a Bladelock, and I figured... the hell with the blade lock. Too MAD. Let's try something else: Human Variant Tomelock 13 \ EK 7 with Crossbow expert and warcaster.

Basic idea is to get Eldritch Blast fully usable in melee and as OA. We start as fighter 1 to get the armor and shield profiency and con save. Then Warock up to 5 for 2 3rd lv spell slot and 3 invocations (Agonizin blast, repelling blast, devil's sight). Get Shillelagh through tomelock, then 6 level of fighter EK for action surge, more spell slots and mostly war magic.

Result is, we only ever need to max Cha. We get one of the best possible OA, a final at will damage of 4d10+20 + 1d8+5 add 5d6 for Hex, and can be doubled with actio surge all with push rider. You get a bonus action healing and regular THP. You can seamlessly switch between melle and range and full on spellcasting. Darkness + devil's sight is also in play.

Great damage, stellar AC, very versatile and full of utiiity.

What do you think? It seems pretty great to me...

Remove ads