• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hive Is REALLY Alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Just came back from seeing the Clone Wars ;). I liked it. It was extremely funny at points and very exciting in others. Just what I've come to expect from SW...

When I start to seriosly get annoyed, I step away and do something else (workin' on homebrew, adding to the monstrous word document that is my compiled wishlist [27 pages :eek: ]

oh
my
gawd

When 3.5 was active my want list was maybe 1/2 page long. Now its almost non-existant. A few movies or comicbook TPB. There are still a few DnD books I'm looking to get but nothing overly important.

Welp.... guess I'll do a bit more with my Siberys Seven Glossary page then go back to cleaning out the backroom (future expansion of hobby room ;) )

Mr. Beef

First Post
Which is better and / or faster- Broadband or DSL?

Difference?

Broadband is the generic term used to describe anything faster than an old dial-up modem.

DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) is generally used by small companies and family homes as broadband. It can run as salow as 450K (I think) a second up to a whopping 1.5Mb a second. I use DSL and outside a few hardware problems early on (Not my or the Phone companies fault it was a power issue) things work just fine.

Cable is another form of Broadband that starts at a minimum of 1.5 Mb a second and goes up from there. It runs off of a cable television connection you might already have in your house. The only drawback to Cable Broadband is that the more people in your neighborhood that use it the slower it gets.

FiOS is something offered by Verizon Communications that is supposed to be faster than either DSL or Cable, but outside of that I know nothing.

Talk to some of your neighbors and see if they have any kind of broadband at their homes and see how they like it. Do some research and see if there's any kind of bundle deals being offered by your phone company or cable company that will allow you to get some really good money saving deals on more than one product they offer.

Just my 1/4 pound.

Mr. Beef

Comcast has offered a joint Cable Internet package that I was considering. I didn't know it can be slowed down by user numbers. Something to think about. As for neighbors, generally there are about 20 homes within one mile in any direction of me. Welcome to Vermont. I would guess this should be a good thing.

Anything else I should be aware of....?

Ginnel

Explorer
Running at 12Mb at the mo though if I was nearer to the exchange I think 20 is the max.

Clone Wars doesn't that just make you want to run a Star Wars Campaign/One shot? I'd so love to bring back my psychotic noisy gun loving techxpert Zico Mephritz
[he was Xexto who are an offshoot of the Quermians (the grey looking one part of the jedi order) there was one in the pod race they have four arms and a spindley neck looking like a Grey alien and also one was selling snacks at the pod race]

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/50/Gasganp.jpg

Ah he had guns which he deliberately altered just to be louder, *sigh* good times

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads