• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hive is (realy) Dead! Long Live the Hive Mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Mycanid said:
I have heard good things about M&M admittedly. I used to play the Marvel game a LOT - in fact, my screen name is based on my fave character from that system. I also enjoyed played the 1e of the old V&V rules. Ever tried them?

M&M is my favorite super-hero RPG. And I've played most of them (Marvel FASERIP, DC MEGS, Marvel SAGA, DC D6, Palladium's one...). DC with MEGS comes close, but I prefer M&M.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Bloosquig said:
Hmm crepes sound good right now I'm getting potatoes au gratin with sloppy joes. Also I have the hiccups which make my son giggle wildly every time he hears them. :p

Crèpes are good! Specially here, in Brittany, the cradle of crèpes (the crèpe is the traditional meal of Brittany, they invented them). If you haven't tasted a "crèpe au blé noir" (crèpe made with buckwheat) you haven't tasted a true crèpe :D

Hiccups are nasty sometimes, I hope they will stop quickly

Horacio said:
I don't think 4e will be worse in "non tactical role-playing" than 3e.

I've played 3e without minis, I've played with minis, different feeling (almost different game) but wonderful both of them :)

i've played both ways as well, but i do prefer to use minis. i think one of the greatest strengths of 3e is that it allows you to have your cake and eat it too in reguards to role-play and tactical combat.

i haven't had crepes in a long time, i'm sure in the grand scheme of things they aren't considered "good crepes" but a popular breakfast food chain around my area serves crepes w/ orange marmalde that i absolutly love. :D

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Sir Osis of Liver said:
i've played both ways as well, but i do prefer to use minis. i think one of the greatest strengths of 3e is that it allows you to have your cake and eat it too in reguards to role-play and tactical combat.
And I'm fairly confidant that 4e will share that characteristic with 3e :)

Mycanid

First Post
Horacio said:
M&M is my favorite super-hero RPG. And I've played most of them (Marvel FASERIP, DC MEGS, Marvel SAGA, DC D6, Palladium's one...). DC with MEGS comes close, but I prefer M&M.

Hmm ... include V&V? Not pushing it above another system here ... just curious. :)

Mycanid

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:
i'm sure you're right, i think the minis sell way too well for them to not put emphises on thier use in combat for the rpg.

Yeah ... I am not much of a mini fan personally, but I know lotsa folks like em. Ah well. :D

Mycanid

First Post
Horacio said:
Crèpes are good! Specially here, in Brittany, the cradle of crèpes (the crèpe is the traditional meal of Brittany, they invented them). If you haven't tasted a "crèpe au blé noir" (crèpe made with buckwheat) you haven't tasted a true crèpe :D

Hiccups are nasty sometimes, I hope they will stop quickly

Oooooo .... you are SOOOO correct Horacio! :cool:

Mycanid

First Post
Bloosquig said:
Hmm crepes sound good right now I'm getting potatoes au gratin with sloppy joes. Also I have the hiccups which make my son giggle wildly every time he hears them. :p

Well ... hiccups are good for something then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads