• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

MarkB

Legend
Its very difficult in those situations to not read A's responses as basically saying you're either a liar or deluded. Or there's some massive semantic break in that what the two participants are talking about are not the same thing. There's not many other cases I can see, and the none semantic one is insulting, and slightly less insulting.
On the other hand, if you have a particular worldview, it's not always going to be easy to shake it off in the course of just one exchange of comments.

Thomas Shey

Legend
On the other hand, if you have a particular worldview, it's not always going to be easy to shake it off in the course of just one exchange of comments.

Sure. But there's not much positive spin on someone telling you a thing you've said you do is impossible. Saying "I've never seen that" is a valid answer, but the other seems even if it feels that way to the person saying is--not thought through.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
“You’re wrong. Everything you just said is wrong. Everything you will ever say is wrong. And I refuse to honestly engage with you or consider your experiences valid in any way. Now, let’s have a polite conversation about how I’m right…”

It really is a waste of time.

Bardic Dave

Adventurer
“You’re wrong. Everything you just said is wrong. Everything you will ever say is wrong. And I refuse to honestly engage with you or consider your experiences valid in any way. Now, let’s have a polite conversation about how I’m right…”

It really is a waste of time.

Once again, you're wrong! You see, while it may be a waste of time for you, it's definitely not a waste of time for me! Now, let's have that polite conversation, shall we? :D

Mad_Jack

Legend
I just thought the combo of a tool box and sleeves was funny and the top reviews for the item on the home depot's website are from mtg players.

I've encountered that sort of reaction from a lot of people who aren't into gaming or hobbying. It seems odd at first, but those kinds of boxes are hugely popular across a number of different hobbies.
(Who doesn't need the ability to store or carry their fragile stuff around in something that won't break ever under normal circumstances?)
The hard part is finding boxes with just the right dimensions on the individual compartments for storing/transporting your particular hobby and gaming items without them rattling around inside and getting damaged.

(On a general note, it's amazing how often you find gaming/hobby supplies in places that you wouldn't expect - I get most of the tools I use for my miniatures in the sewing and jewelry aisles in the craft stores.)

FB_IMG_1684764103086.jpg

Remove ads