The Immortals Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
CRGreathouse said:
Where was that?

In the Epic Monsters (A-E) file, under "Abomination" it has the following paragraph (after the table):

Abomination Traits
All abominations are born directly (or indirectly) from a god and some lesser creature (or idea), but none are favored, wanted, or loved. Still, they all share a tiny spark of deific energy, which grants them the qualities described in below. (Note: deity rules are used, abominations are rank 0 deities.)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Accursed browser! This is the second time tonight its done this!! I smite thee!!!

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Those actually sound pretty good, and fit better than my efforts, can I use those?

Of course! :)

Upper_Krust said:
Although I would change 'Consequences' from plural to singular (Consequence).

Beyond Belief definately is a winner. Since the 'belief' ties to divinity of course, and I was a little uncomfortable saying something was beyond imagination...that was a trifle pretentious upon reflection. :eek:

I'm happy it pleases you, then. :)

Hi CRGreathouse mate! :)

CRGreathouse said:
This is the main opponent at the moment, a former ruler of a layer of Hell. He’s the bastard son of Halgrin (god of suffering and torture) and a pit fiend. He’s killed a major NPC ally of the party and a PC, and he’s bought out a major ally of the party, the rock dragon Vorgixat. At the moment he’s keeping a low profile, sending a paleolich assassin after the remaining PCs.

Do you have any idea what CR he might be?

Do bears poo in the woods! :p

Hes CR 76/EL 25...depending on situational modifiers of course.

Meaning hes a 50/50 challenge for a Party of four 32-39th level characters.

Herecgunina

First Post
Hey there!

Sorry to post what is no doubt an old question, but I haven't found it (yet) in the huge thread about the Immortals Handbook.

My question being, of course, how much is this going to cost? I like the sound of this project, but the gaming budget's tight (college tuitions don't grow on trees, unfortunately)...

Hi Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
U_K, I know you answered this before, but I was hoping you could reiterate it again; how does the release of the Epic SRD affect the the IH? Will it use anything from the ELH now?

It won't affect the IH in any major ways but it will affect it in a lot of minor ways. There were a lot of feats I wanted to use as well as a few magic items; I wanted to parallel my epic magic system with theirs (so people could use either); refer to a number of epic monsters etc.

So it wasn't one big thing, just a lot of niggling small things.

Alzrius said:
Also, if rumors are to be believed, the D&Dg isn't too far behind (DvR was obliquely mentioned in the Epic SRD, so it seems likely). If that's so, will the print version deal with that at all?

At this stage there is really nothing in D&Dg that I need.

Of course that book is still fairly compatible with the IH, so those Pantheons won't go to waste (although I reserve the right to do my own 'take' on them at some stage). ;)

I might add a paragraph specifically talking about the parallels between Divine Rank and my system...at the moment I'm a bit circumspect in explaining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads