• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Immortals Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya mate! :)

CRGreathouse said:
Any idea of how long it'll be until we have a print version?

Approx. 3 months from the release of the first pdf.

CRGreathouse said:
Heck, do we even know for sure that there will be a print version?

I appreciate the concern mate. I am confident there will be. ;)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
Approx. 3 months from the release of the first pdf.

*puts a big X on August calendar*

Upper_Krust said:
I appreciate the concern mate. I am confident there will be. ;)

I'm glad you're so confident. Have you worked things out with a publisher 'for sure', or are things still subject to change?

How much of the ideas (as opposed to the rules) of the book could be yoinked or adapted for another less d20-y system (like Mutants and Masterminds which I feel will consume most of my groups gaming time come summer)? Also, is there any use or mention of different ideas of divinity in the book, like really-powerful aliens as gods, or (similarly) that idea about "sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic?" (I can't remember who it was that said that, but that guy should probly get some kind of credit for the paraphrasing above)

Hi CRGreathouse mate! :)

CRGreathouse said:
*puts a big X on August calendar*

I hope you don't mean for the pdf. :p

CRGreathouse said:
I'm glad you're so confident. Have you worked things out with a publisher 'for sure', or are things still subject to change?

Things are still subject to change.

Hey Bjorn mate! :)

Revenge of the Bjorn said:
How much of the ideas (as opposed to the rules) of the book could be yoinked or adapted for another less d20-y system (like Mutants and Masterminds which I feel will consume most of my groups gaming time come summer)?

Well from the first pdf - All the worship point stuff. Probably all the powers. The Divinity and Portfolio Templates; dependant on the campaign I suppose, I could see them working in a superhero campaign.

Also, is there any use or mention of different ideas of divinity in the book, like really-powerful aliens as gods,

Yes, although in the 4th pdf - about campaigns; cosmology and pantheons.

or (similarly) that idea about "sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic?" (I can't remember who it was that said that, but that guy should probly get some kind of credit for the paraphrasing above)

Yes. I have a big section on using Technology (Modern and Future vs. Immortals) - and I have two physical factors 'real' and 'comic book' (the latter being consistent with d20 Modern incidently)

...oh and Arthur C. Clarke I think you are quoting.

slingbld

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
I agree. It'll be finished when its finished. Knew I should never have said March - what the **** was I thinking. :eek:

Definately April though.

...DOH! :confused:

YOU PROMISED US! You TRICKES US!(cough)
We wants our PRECIOUS!!! :mad:

You BETTER have it by the end of APRIL! (cough, cough) :D

Kavon

Explorer
Hey U_K :)

I was just wondering.. From all you've read about the character creation system I'm working on, how easy would you think it is for me to port all the things you've made in the IH to my system?

I'll be getting the thing either way, I'm just thinking that I'll most likely be adapting things greatly to fit into my system.

Last edited:

Kavon said:

Hi Kavon mate! :)

Kavon said:
I was just wondering.. From all you've read about the character creation system I'm working on, how easy would you think it is for me to port all the things you've made in the IH to my system?

Well the IH is a supplementary system; with a lot of modular components. Added to that its all balanced by yours truly so you shouldn't have any trouble. ;)

Kavon said:
I'll be getting the thing either way,

I appreciate the love dude! :D

Kavon said:
I'm just thinking that I'll most likely be adapting things greatly to fit into my system.

Does anyone ever use anything exactly 'out of the box' (so to speak) nowadays though...?

BSF

Explorer
*sidles on in and looks around*
*notices that there is nothing new for almost a week*
*Kicks this thread back up to the first page*

Hey Upper_Krust!
What's new/how is everything going/do we have a release date yet?

Please? :)

Very much looking forward to seeing the PDF's are they are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads