• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Imperial Age Design Questions

Walt C

Explorer
(My Forum-Fu is weak today; I meant to post this here and put it in the rules forum instead...sorry for double-posting).

As you may have heard, The Imperial Age is getting the standalone OGL treatment for December. We're currently editing it all together now.

The Imperial Age RPG will be a combination of the Modern SRD and The Imperial Age product line. The book will contain all of the IA products to date with the exception of British India (I can't justify putting that in the book without Africa and the Far East) and Hell Hath No Fury. In addition, we're adding some Open Game Content from other sources as well as some new material.

That said I'm considering a few things and would like your input. Here are my questions:

1. There's been a trend in OGL games to condense the skill list a bit. Would you prefer to see similar skills folded together, or keep the Modern "classic list?" (obviously, certain skills, like Computer Use, will be left out regardless).

2. OGL characters have lots of feats, talents, and class features, but no flaws other than the potential of low ability scores. Would you like to see a Drawback/Flaw system?

3. Are there any advanced classes that you'd like to see? I've added a few, but I'd like to know what you felt was missing from your OGL games.

4. Is there anything else that you have a burning desire to see?

5. Is there anything I should leave out?

Thanks for your input!

Walt Ciechanowski
Imperial Age Line Developer
Adamant Entertainment

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads