• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jolly Fat Elf's stats

Jack Simth

First Post
Wizard/Sorceror/some kind of spellcaster-30 (or PrC's to suit; need epic progression for 20-30 in something that grants an appropriet Epic bonus feat every three levels, though....). Epic; some key epic feats:
Enhanced Spell Capacity * 6 (for 15th level spell slot)
Ignore Material Components

Key Non-epic Feat:
Eschew Matertials (required for Ignore Material Components)
Extend Spell (required for Persistent)
Persistent Spell

Key Spells Known:
Time Stop
Fabricate
Gaseous Form (for getting in and out of tight places... especially chimneys)

Key skills (at 30th, fine if taken cross-class....)
Craft(Toys)
Hide (invisibility will do quite well, though...)
Move Silently (or perhaps a permament item of silence, provided Santa takes Silent Spell)
Sense Motive (possibly replaced by Detect spells to get the children's alignment)

(You can see where this is going, right?)

Script: Cast Persistent Time Stop
Do stuff for 14 hours (be that making toys, checking for good little girls and boys, or delivering toys to tots) (Santa's perspective). The original stuff in the entry under Fabricate is listed as a Material Component; thus, with Ignore Material Components, he can create something literally out of nothing, on the spot, if he needs to do so, provided it isn't magic.
Rest up for eight hours (Santa's perspective, again).
Prepare spells for one hour (Santa's perspective, again).
Cast another Persistent Time Stop 1 hour (Santa's perspective, again) before the previous one expires.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Useful items: Ring of Sustenence (for the time when he's not subsisting on milk and cookies, anyway....)
Something to halt aging (perhaps he's an Outsider or something..... Assimar, maybe?)

smootrk

First Post
melkorspawn said:
Come now... isn't that accomplished by his army of elven (though they look more gnomish) minions?
I agree. St.Nick does not strike me as super-powered... just a being that cares and has a lot of help from an army of minorly magical craftsmen.

Jack Simth

First Post
melkorspawn said:
Come now... isn't that accomplished by his army of elven (though they look more gnomish) minions?
It's for Fabricating things in a pinch.... besides, he has to be a toymaker himself....

melkorspawn

First Post
Jack Simth said:
It's for Fabricating things in a pinch.... besides, he has to be a toymaker himself....

Just like MTA Chairman Kalikow has to be able to drive a subway? Nah... the fat man is responsible for delivery and production management... not the production itself. If the so called "elves" went marxist on him, he'd have to give out coal (unless the "elves" also man his mines... though that sounds more like a job for dwarves to me... or maybe gnomes) or maybe give out 'Christmas Spirit', but unless you can measure that by the proof scale, chances are many people would wish for the old days.

Jack Simth

First Post
Well, part of it depends on which Saint Nick you want.... the original could probably be done on a few levels of expert (a wealthy merchant who was extremely charitable, and detested getting credit for it.... oops silly me, giving him credit....). If you want the one that goes around the world and visits a billion homes in a single night, you need something a little higher powered (that's a very long-running Time Stop, by the book, but can be done... barely... at about Wiz/30 with the PHB, DMG, and the Epic Level Handbook). Many of the Christmas Special histories of Santa (you know, the old claymation movies) have him starting out as a toymaker.

melkorspawn

First Post
Whereas Black Peter, as he's most commonly seen in eastern Germany, could be created by equipping a drunken lvl 1 Commoner with a hickory stick, a burlap sack, a bible, and a couple of oranges for the lucky children.

smootrk

First Post
I would be interested in anyone's actual stat block of Santa, or even this Black Peter. He sounds like an interesting fellow.

melkorspawn

First Post
smootrk said:
I would be interested in anyone's actual stat block of Santa, or even this Black Peter. He sounds like an interesting fellow.

Heh, you could give Black Peter magic gloves, whose abilities I have not yet decided, but whose name I have: "Gloves of Sacking and Whacking".

There, the gauntlet has been thrown... what do the gauntlets do, and how are they priced?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads