The Key to Victory

jackslate45

First Post
Ern didnt have to stand on her toes to look over everyone's head. Taking a look at the chest in the back, she tries to remeber if is the same one that was taken so long ago.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=jackslate45] Mostly the chest was tarped and chained down to the back of a cart. But the size (overly large) is exactly right. [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"This will take a while folks, but if I were going to fill a room with what I am optimistically thinking of as treasure chests I would be damn sure that if someone else tried to nab them they would end up full of arrows and sizzling. And deado over there is hardly making me doubt those instincts. Talk amongst yourselves!" Aver says cheerfully, his eyes still roving the chests walls and ceiling intently.

OOC: Any traps then? Take a while I admit, 2 minutes per square to search exhaustively, but if a room full of chests doesn't warrant it...

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth waits, though he has trouble restraining his relative lack of patience. "Since I'd rather not see any of us end up dead, take what time you need. Can't save my friend if I can't walk out of here..."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Exactly, one of those more haste less speed kinds of deals. Then I've got to get all these bleeding things open which might take a while, but would of course take a damn sight longer if I got killed by some poison needle, or flame thrower. You know I've always thought the kinds of traps people select reveals a lot about them, for myself I've always thought the best way to safeguard your wealth was to spend it as swiftly as possible on shiny, or soft and yieldings things." The elf rambles glibly his eyes never ceasing their roving.

ghostcat

First Post
[sblock=Detect Magic Results] Also remember Detect Magic has concentration as part of it's duration.

There are multiple auras in this room. 3 come from 3 different chests stacked along the walls. And 2 more come from inside chests stacked along the walls. No magic is detected near the large chest at the end of the room or coming from the chest itself. [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Trinham is not under pressure, so I can't see why concentrate is needed. Anyway, Take 10 (+10) for 20.

Check the three aura's on the chests first, then check the aura's of the contents.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 23/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell            Rounds Remaining[/i]
Detect Magic        ???

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] No concentration check - the spell lasts so long as you concentrate on it. ;) The auras inside the boxes you can't identify as you need line of sight.

Chest #1 and #3 have faint evocation auras. Chest #3 has a moderate abjuration aura. [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham spends some time scanning the room. When he has finished he say "Aver. I've checked for magic and there's no magic on the big chest. However, those two chests over there have some kind energy spell on them. Maybe a fireball. As for that one there, it has some kind of protection spell on it. I don't know what it is but I have an uneasy feeling about it."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Good to know thanks, but don't worry about it I'm taking as much care as I possibly can. Look twenty times then poke it three sort of thing - which pretty much sums up my love live to, hurhurhur." Aver says cautiously advancing into the room into the small area he has already searched exhaustively.

Last edited:

Remove ads