The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Here is my token picture.

[sblock=picture]
__Steampunk_Angel___Colored___by_scaryrabidfangirl.jpg
[/sblock]

Also remember that Dina has Combat Leader, so everyone gets +2 to initiative.

VanderLegion

First Post
Here is my token picture.

[sblock=picture]
__Steampunk_Angel___Colored___by_scaryrabidfangirl.jpg
[/sblock]

Also remember that Dina has Combat Leader, so everyone gets +2 to initiative.

OOC: Good to know, that makes mine a 21 then. Also, I'm assuming for a combat like this we'd start with weapons ready, in which case I'm going to start out w/ my crossbow till we get into melee with the goblins.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match One: The Assault on Anakabar, Round 0

No sooner is the group in position than the forcefield surrounding the arena drops suddenly, letting two-dozen goblins rush in. As they do so, an elegant voice booms out across the crowd.

"Anakabar had been under siege for nearly a year when the goblin commander Warmonger Rikroc's heard of an army sailing to the rescue. His four armies closed on the city from all sides, two mighty sorcerers flinging spells from the vanguard of their armies."

The goblins cheer and make rude gestures at the group standing inside the miniature city.

"Arrayed against them was a handful of valiant heroes facing down the horde, knowing there would be no quarter asked nor given. The few city defenders rallied around the heroes, but if they couldn't contain the goblin horde before it breached the walls and the city began to fall, their soldiers would rout and the heroes themselves would be quickly cut down. It might have gone something like this..."

GM: I didn't know where you wanted Sha'kar, so I put him down to cover the south-west as much as possible.

[sblock=Initiatives]Corragan: 23
Sha'kar: 21
Rilissa: 15
Goblins: 13
Ignatz: 12
Dina: 11

Corragan, Sha'kar, and Rilissa are up in any order. Then the monsters will go. Then the PCs will all go in any order. Then all the monsters. Etc.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Corragan: H12
Sha'kar: M9
Rilissa: H8
Ignatz: J7
Dina: J8

-Enemy-
All enemies have the Goblin Tactics power: Immediate Reaction when missed by an attack; the Goblin shifts 1 square.

Goblin Warmonger Rikroc: A1, +2 AC/Ref, concealment
Goblin Warmonger: 46 HP, AC 18, Fort 16, Ref 17, Will 16. MBA: +9 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage.

Goblin Sorcerer 1: A17, +2 AC/Ref
Goblin Sorcerer 2: T5, +2 AC/Ref
Goblin Sorcerer: 46 HP, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16. MBA: +8 vs AC, 1d6+7 damage and slide 1.

Goblin Sniper 1: C1, +1 AC/Ref, concealment
Goblin Sniper 2: A15, +1 AC/Ref
Goblin Sniper 3: T7, +1 AC/Ref
Goblin Sniper 4: L1, +2 AC/Ref
Goblin Sniper: Minion, AC 13, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12. MBA: +6 vs AC, 4 damage.

Goblin Assaulter 1: D1
Goblin Assaulter 2: A3, +1 AC/Ref, concealment
Goblin Assaulter 3: T3, +1 AC/Ref
Goblin Assaulter 4: T8
Goblin Assaulter 5: A14
Goblin Assaulter 6: A19, +1 AC/Ref
Goblin Assaulter 7: J1, +1 AC/Ref
Goblin Assaulter 8: N1, +1 AC/Ref
Goblin Assaulter: Minion, AC 12, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 12. MBA: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.

Goblin Shield Bearer 1: A2, concealment
Goblin Shield Bearer 2: B1, concealment
Goblin Shield Bearer 3: A16
Goblin Shield Bearer 4: A18
Goblin Shield Bearer 5: T4
Goblin Shield Bearer 6: T6
Goblin Shield Bearer 7: K1
Goblin Shield Bearer 8: N1
Goblin Shield Bearer: Minion, AC 16, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 12. MBA: +8 vs AC, 4 damage. Effect: The target is marked by the Shield Bearer. Shield Bearer Aura: All allies gain +1 AC/Ref per shield bearer adjacent to them.

Effect Key: location, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Walls: Crossing the walls takes an extra square of movement if you are crossing between walls within the city or crossing walls to leave the city. Crossing walls to enter the city takes a DC15 Athletics (Climb) check.

Cover: The walls grant cover against attacks made from outside the city to the inside.

Water: The water is boiling for extra drama. Any creature that enters or starts its turn in the water takes 5 fire damage. The Athletics DC to swim in it is DC 10.

Walls in Water: Creatures can cross the wall segments in the water leading to the Bluffhold by making a DC15 Acrobatics check. Failure means the move action ends and the creature falls into and adjacent water square. Crossing the gap at L16 requires a DC 10 Athletics (Jump) check.

Difficult Terrain: City, forest, and river squares are difficult terrain. For any square, its terrain type is whatever the majority of the square contains. When in doubt, ask for clarification.

Obscurement: Forest squares are light obscurement (grant concealment, 5 squares of them provide total concealment).[/sblock]

[sblock=Special Rules][sblock=Appease the Crowd]
*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
All 15.[/sblock]

[sblock=The Siege]Overrun: If any enemy starts their turn within a district (any of the eight labelled areas with cities) that district is "overrun" for the remainder of the match.

Loss Condition: If six of the eight districts are "overrun", the group loses and everyone dies (To the Death).

Reinforcements: At the end of each of the monster's turns there is a chance reinforcements will arrive. I'll roll a d20 each round vs DC 20. If the roll succeeds, reinforcements have arrived and all PCs gain an AP that must be spent during the next round or it is lost. The reinforcement DC goes down 1 after the roll each round.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• AnakabarRound0.jpg
    AnakabarRound0.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Folks with AoE ought to start off clearing some minions, ideally shield-bearers adjacent to Sorcerers. If anyone has any accuracy/damage buffs, I hope to be making a lot of attacks against priority targets next round, if I can.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Sadly my powers are all strictly single-target. The only aoe I have is my alchemist's fire, so I'll probably wait a turn or two and see if some of the minions group up together for me to hit a bunch at once. For now I can just shoot one with my crossbow probably.

Medina

Explorer
As the forcefield drops, Corragan mutters "Here goes. Good luck guys".

As the crowd roar at the start of the contest, Corragan glances around and spies the goblins in the trees to the north-west of the town. "Watch out for that group - they're using the cover of the trees," she calls out, "I'll try and put some of them down." Her vision and perception impress the crowd as she points into the trees

OOC: Minor Action: Appease the Crowd - Perception check

At the full stretch of his reach, Corragan asks the trees themselves to aid them in their defense of the town, and they writhe and strike at the goblins, trying to trip and hold them.

OOC: Standard Action: Grasping Tide, Area burst 1 centred on B2 (striking goblins in A1, B1, C1, A2, A3). Any bonus from Appease the Crowd on the attack vs. A1 (the warmonger). +5 vs. Fort, 1d6+5 damage on a hit and if a creature tries to leave the area then I can make a secondary attack, +5 vs. Reflex: Knock the target prone.

OOC: Edit: The attacks (hopefully obviously) should have gone A1, A2, A3, B1 C1, rather than attacking C1 twice.

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
OOC: Just as a note, for this format, minions are priority targets. Because they can still capture an area, the strength of individual goblins isn't such an issue, their numbers are what we need to tackle.

Faraque

First Post
"I've got the ones to the west!"
She quickly scrambles out to meet her chosen enemies.

OOC: Move action - Running, Crosses the wall at H7, ending run at L2.
Minor Action - Aegis of Assault on N1
Standard Action - Greenflame Blade at K1, if hit, splash 3 fire to J1 and L1

Last edited:

Remove ads