• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Majin

First Post
OOC Thread
RG Thread

By whatever means and for whatever reasons, you have all found yourselves in the town of Dagger Falls. The capital of Daggerdale is quiet this evening. It is getting late, and business for the day has ended. Most thieves are just beginning to practice their trade for night. It would be best to seek an inn for the night, than brave the night out on the streets. Asking around of the few merchants who you find hurriedly packing up their wares around town suggest that The Fallen Dagger Inn may be just the place.

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang has wandered the Dalelands for twenty-seven years carving a meager existence from the human civilization. He has both sold his skill with a sword as a mercenary and used his knowledge of nearby Cormanthor as a guide. He has stolen bread when times were hard and spent time in human prisons for it and bar skirmishes alike. He has been well off for the past month making a few copper working for the city guard, he is however bored of Daggerfalls and plans to leave in due time. Right now he means to celebrate his upcoming vacation by drinking himself blind in The Fallen Dagger. Usually not one for such vices, he feels he will miss this place and has seen fit to offer ceremony. He enters the familiar inn and finds a seat at an empty table near a warm hearth, he waves a waitress down, and orders a glass of summer wine.
Good tidings to this place, I shall miss it...

Majin

First Post
The inn is moderately busy tonight. Multiple tables are full with laborers coming in from a hard days work and merchants counting their profits for the day. Sitting at a table by the door a scruffy, overweight Halfling appears to be grumbling to himself with his eyes closed and head resting on the table. The empty pitchers of ale covering the table seem to solve that mystery at a glance. A rather large, bulky man sits in the northwest corner of the room, looking up from his drink (which he has barely touched) every once in awhile to stare intently at the entrance to the south. A large greataxe is leaned against the wall next to him. Nathan, the innkeeper, a big man with shoulder-length, scraggly dark hair and a beard, stands behind the bar cleaning glasses.

The waitress returns with a glass of wine for Calenthang. "That'll be two silver."

Last edited:

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Caelbryn strolls into the village as dusk is falling. He considers lurking on the streets for a time to raise some funds, but in the end he decides that he has enough gold for the time being, and is more interested in a chance to relax and put his feet up after a long day on the road. He quickly makes some enquiries and, on the unanimous reccomendation of the merchants he asks, makes his way to the Fallen Dagger. He then sits down and makes a quick survey of the waitresses before politely hailing the most attractive one.

Seonaid

Explorer
Chastity D'Agnacia strides into the Fallen Dagger, having just arrived in town from the temple of Torm a day's hard ride outside of the city. She would be a plain-looking human, if a bit tall for a woman, but for the aura of purpose and strength about her. Her brown hair is tied back in a simple tail and her gear, including an impressive-looking composite longbow and a greatsword, is strapped on her back.

When she enters, she automatically detects evil, in an almost subconscious manner--it barely breaks her stride. Finding none [hopefully!], she walks over to the bar and motions for a bartender or the proprietor of the establishment. She settles on a stool, carrying the weight of her belongings easily.

[OOC: I've never played a paladin before, so if that's not how their detect evil ability works, let me know.]

Majin

First Post
The same waitress that earlier served Calenthang comes up to Caelbryn. "What can I getcha'?" she says with a smile on her face.

Sensing no evil, only the scrutinizing eyes of the man in the back corner, Chastity takes a seat at the bar. "What will ye be havin' tonight miss?" Nathan asks as he walks over to her.

(OOC: Detect Evil can be used at will by a Paladin as the spell description in the PHB. You can gain more information by studying it for longer than one round if you detect any, etc.)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan was wandering in the city in search of supply to continu for the trip. He had spotted the Inn to pass the night there. He left Felgrim in the stables and enter the place. He looks around to spot an empty table, and start to walk to take a seat. On his way he crossed the barmaid and ask her. "A hot meal and some water please." and put his pack next to the seat before sitting and waiting for his food.

Majin

First Post
While he is waiting for his meal, a stablehand enters the inn and approaches Sielwoodan. "I've brushed down and fed your mule sir. Stabling for the night will be five silver."

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Chastity smiles at the man. "I would like a room for the night, and"--she nods in Sielwoodan's direction--"as that gentleman says, a hot meal." She pauses for a moment and then adds, "Water as well."

Remove ads