D&D 5E The Lich Lord's Lackeys[Recruiting]

tglassy

Adventurer
For your consideration, Conner. No surname. Conner grew up on the streets of Waterdeep. He was abandoned. Abused. He lived on his own, scrounging for every mouthful he could grab, up until he was a teenager, when his Celestial heritage began to show, mainly in his looks. He was a striking young man. He immediately began learning how to use this to his advantage.

When he got involved with the Cult, it was mainly to have a warm place to stay. It only had a few members, but they paid well. But when Vecna himself appeared to him, Conner's life changed. Vecna saw the piece of the Divine in Conner. He showed Conner the power Vecna could give him, if he would only serve. Vecna so wanted this Aasimar on his side, he was willing to share the secrets of Immortality.

Conner could not refuse.

It started simple. Vecna would teach Conner forbidden and forgotten magics, and Conner would do...favors for him. Specifically, every time Conner reached a milestone, where new power was just out of reach, Vecna would require one favor. Once completed, Vecna would begin teaching the next level of power. Once that was done, Conner would have to provide another service, or another favor, to reach the next level. And the next level. And the next.

Conner did not always enjoyed his work with Vecna. He wasn't one to like serving anyone else. But while Vecna could not take his power from him (as he did not draw power from Vecna, as Clerics did, but instead simply learned the magic as an apprentice would from a master), it was clear that if he failed to live up to his side of the bargain, not only would Vecna cease to instruct him, and therefore cut off Conner's access to greater power, but Vecna would make sure Conner's long life was cut very, very short.

And so Conner serves. He has just reached the point where Vecna showed him some of the greater mysteries of Life and Death, and is now able to slow down the aging process within him. He is young, yet, and now, instead of perhaps a little over a century of life to look forward to, he has many, many centuries. Longer even than the lifespans of the elves! And this is only the beginning.

[sblock=Stats]Name: Conner
Race: Fallen Aasimar
Class: Warlock (Undying) 10
Background: Urchin

HP: 53 (93 with Amulet of Health)
AC: 20 (Breastplate + (+2)Shield + Dex)
Spell Slots: 2 level 5 slots
Spell DC: 17(19 with Rod of the Pact Keeper +2)

Str: 12 +1 (Racial) +1 (Moderately Armored Feat) = 14
Dex: 14
Con: 11 (19, due to Amulet)
Int: 12
Wis: 11
Cha: 17 +2 (Racial) +1 (Actor)= 20

Saving Throws: Wis, Cha

Attacks (Attack/Damage):
Eldridge Blast (2 blasts): +11/1d10+5 (Each Blast)

Skills:
Deception
Arcana
Sleight of Hand
Stealth

Proficiencies:
Disguise kit
Thieves tools
Common
Celestial
Sylvan
Deep Speech
Medium Armor
Shields

Features:
Undead who target me must make a Wisdom Saving throw or target someone else.

Regain 1d8+level hit points when either make a saving throw, or use Spare the Dying. 1/day

Do not need, food, water, breath or sleep. Age 1 year for every 10. Cannot be magically aged.

Necrotic Shroud (from Fallen Aasimar)

Feats:
Actor (level 1)
Spell Sniper (level 4)
War Caster (level 5)
Moderately Armored (level 8)

Invocations:
Agonizing Blast
Book of Ancient Secrets
Devil’s Sight
Mask of Many Faces
Whispers of the Grave

Cantrips:
Light (Racial)
Spare the Dying (Patron)
Eldridge Blast
Minor Illusion
Mold Earth
Friends
Produce Flame (Spell Sniper)
Prestidigitation (Book of Shadows)
Thaumaturgy (Book of Shadows)
Chill Touch (Book of Shadows)

Spells:
Scrying (5th)
Contagion (5th)
Remove Curse (3rd)
Magic Circle (3rd)
Gaseous Form (3rd)
Dispel Magic (3rd)
Darkness (2nd)
Hypnotic Pattern (2nd)
Suggestion (2nd)
Charm Person (1st)

Ritual Spells:
1st level (550 gp total)
Alarm
Comprehend Languages
Detect Magic
Detect Poison and Disease
Find Familiar
Identify
Illusory Script
Purify Food and Drink
Speak with Animals
Tenser’s Floating Disk
Unseen Servant

2nd level (600 gp total)
Animal Messenger
Augury
Beast Sense
Gentle Reposte
Locate Animals or Plants
Silence

3rd level (900 gp total
Feign Death
Leomund’s Tiny Hut
Meld into Stone
Phantom Steed
Water Breathing
Water Walk

4th level (200 gp total)
Divination

5th level (1000 gp total)
Commune
Commune with Nature
Contact Other Planes
Rary’s Telepathic Bond

Equipment:
Rod of the Pact Keeper +2 (Rare, also my arcane focus, Attuned)
Amulet of Health (Rare, Attuned)
Helm of Telepathy (Uncommon, Attuned)
Shield +2 (Rare)
Potion of Poison
Light Crossbow (20 Bolts)
Scholar’s Pack
Two daggers
Breastplate
Shield
Sickle
1,750 gp
1,000 ep[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. Interesting. How come Produce Flame? There are more damaging and longer-ranged attack cantrips out there.

Also, with the Book of Shadows, may I suggest finding space for a Shocking Grasp cantrip? It truly is a life-saver when a primarily ranged combatant finds himself in melee despite his best efforts.

TallIan

Explorer
I was going to ask about a wizard getting more spells, but I guess I can do the same as tglassy.

With the bonus level 1 feat does that mean no variant humans or v humans get 2 at first level?

Given that I'm already paying a wizard in another game though I'm considering a blade 'lock or maybe ranger.

Bonus feats make sooo many options viable. 😁

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Enfendas Irloso

First Post
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, hopefully someone tanky will join up, but if not I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm totally fine with you guys paying to have those spells copied, since you have all been around for awhile. Lastly, I will allow variant human BUT ONLY if you play it as a more exotic type of human, like a traveler from the East, or Chult, or even Al-Qadim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Enfendas Irloso

First Post
You don't really NEED a tank, I just assumed you guys would want one. Either way I can make it work, so I'm not really too worried about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Remove ads